Network connection timed out

wgeelan

Network connection timed out
I am having problems accessing Itunes store. I can download itunes or other
downloads from other web sites but can not access Itunes store
Any suggestions or other experiences. I am encloseing some examples of past
efforts. I have reinstalled several times

iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. The network connection timed
out.

I am having this problem right now. Any suggestions. I called Apple and HP
but no sucess. Plan to contact Microsoft tomorrow.

So far Apple and HP refuse to take ownership or offer solutions

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Edition (Build 6000)
HP-Pavilion RK570AA-ABA m7760n
iTunes 7.4.3.1

Current user is an administrator.

Network Adapter Information

Adapter Name: {5C2BA9B1-69D1-43BF-832A-BF67AD46B5BC}
IP Address: 192.168.0.10
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DHCP Enabled: Yes
DHCP Server: 192.168.0.1
Lease Obtained: Sun Oct 21 21:50:21 2007

Lease Expires: Sun Oct 28 21:50:21 2007

DNS Servers: 66.75.164.90
66.75.164.89

Adapter Name: {61D9D201-13E8-40BD-891E-CE8DEBC46820}
IP Address: 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0
Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0
DHCP Enabled: No
DNS Servers:

Network Connection Information

Active Connection: LAN Connection
Connected: Yes
Online: Yes
Using Modem: No
Using LAN: Yes
Using Proxy: No
SSL 3.0 Support: Enabled
TLS 1.0 Support: Enabled

Firewall Information

Windows Firewall is on.
iTunes is enabled in Windows Firewall.

Connection attempt to Apple web site was unsuccessful.
The network connection timed out.
Connection attempt to iTunes Store was unsuccessful.
The network connection timed out.
Secure connection attempt to iTunes Store was unsuccessful.
The network connection timed out.

Copy of Partial communication with HP

"We could not complete your iTunes Store reques ...(truncated)
Spencer G: Please confirm if you are able to download and install HP and
Windows Updates from the Internet?
Spencer G: Thank you for confirming.
Spencer G: William, since you are able to download and install iTunes, HP
updates, Windows updates successfully, it seems there is no issues with the
Internet and the issue is only with iTunes store, please contact iTunes
support and inform them you experience the issue only with iTunes and no
other.

HP Media 770 Windows Vista

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Network connection timed out
Try to clean the temp file and cookies. If that doesn't fix the problem,
check this link for more troubleshooting.

Vista Internet Access IssuesPost Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:07 am Post
subject: Vista Internet access issues ... Vista: Can't access the Internet
because of anti virus softw . ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaieissues.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"wgeelan" <wgeelan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having problems accessing Itunes store. I can download itunes or other
> downloads from other web sites but can not access Itunes store
> Any suggestions or other experiences. I am encloseing some examples of
> past
> efforts. I have reinstalled several times
>

> iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. The network connection timed
> out.
>
> I am having this problem right now. Any suggestions. I called Apple and HP
> but no sucess. Plan to contact Microsoft tomorrow.
>
> So far Apple and HP refuse to take ownership or offer solutions
>
> Microsoft Windows Vista Home Edition (Build 6000)
> HP-Pavilion RK570AA-ABA m7760n
> iTunes 7.4.3.1
>
> Current user is an administrator.
>
> Network Adapter Information
>
> Adapter Name: {5C2BA9B1-69D1-43BF-832A-BF67AD46B5BC}
> IP Address: 192.168.0.10
> Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
> Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
> DHCP Enabled: Yes
> DHCP Server: 192.168.0.1
> Lease Obtained: Sun Oct 21 21:50:21 2007
>
> Lease Expires: Sun Oct 28 21:50:21 2007
>
> DNS Servers: 66.75.164.90
> 66.75.164.89
>
> Adapter Name: {61D9D201-13E8-40BD-891E-CE8DEBC46820}
> IP Address: 0.0.0.0
> Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0
> Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0
> DHCP Enabled: No
> DNS Servers:
>
> Network Connection Information
>
> Active Connection: LAN Connection
> Connected: Yes
> Online: Yes
> Using Modem: No
> Using LAN: Yes
> Using Proxy: No
> SSL 3.0 Support: Enabled
> TLS 1.0 Support: Enabled
>
> Firewall Information
>
> Windows Firewall is on.
> iTunes is enabled in Windows Firewall.
>
> Connection attempt to Apple web site was unsuccessful.
> The network connection timed out.
> Connection attempt to iTunes Store was unsuccessful.
> The network connection timed out.
> Secure connection attempt to iTunes Store was unsuccessful.
> The network connection timed out.
>
> Copy of Partial communication with HP
>
> "We could not complete your iTunes Store reques ...(truncated)
> Spencer G: Please confirm if you are able to download and install HP and
> Windows Updates from the Internet?
> Spencer G: Thank you for confirming.
> Spencer G: William, since you are able to download and install iTunes, HP
> updates, Windows updates successfully, it seems there is no issues with
> the
> Internet and the issue is only with iTunes store, please contact iTunes
> support and inform them you experience the issue only with iTunes and no
> other.
>
> HP Media 770 Windows Vista

Cruz

RE: Network connection timed out
same problem...I have zune and itunes software but neither of them can access
the online store. My firewall settings are fine and zune support keeps
telling me to just reinstall the software...Please someone help!!! Since I
get the same problem with both programs I believe it is a vista
problem/setting.

"wgeelan" wrote:

> I am having problems accessing Itunes store. I can download itunes or other
> downloads from other web sites but can not access Itunes store
> Any suggestions or other experiences. I am encloseing some examples of past
> efforts. I have reinstalled several times
>

> iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. The network connection timed
> out.
>
> I am having this problem right now. Any suggestions. I called Apple and HP
> but no sucess. Plan to contact Microsoft tomorrow.
>
> So far Apple and HP refuse to take ownership or offer solutions
>
> Microsoft Windows Vista Home Edition (Build 6000)
> HP-Pavilion RK570AA-ABA m7760n
> iTunes 7.4.3.1
>
> Current user is an administrator.
>
> Network Adapter Information
>
> Adapter Name: {5C2BA9B1-69D1-43BF-832A-BF67AD46B5BC}
> IP Address: 192.168.0.10
> Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
> Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
> DHCP Enabled: Yes
> DHCP Server: 192.168.0.1
> Lease Obtained: Sun Oct 21 21:50:21 2007
>
> Lease Expires: Sun Oct 28 21:50:21 2007
>
> DNS Servers: 66.75.164.90
> 66.75.164.89
>
> Adapter Name: {61D9D201-13E8-40BD-891E-CE8DEBC46820}
> IP Address: 0.0.0.0
> Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0
> Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0
> DHCP Enabled: No
> DNS Servers:
>
> Network Connection Information
>
> Active Connection: LAN Connection
> Connected: Yes
> Online: Yes
> Using Modem: No
> Using LAN: Yes
> Using Proxy: No
> SSL 3.0 Support: Enabled
> TLS 1.0 Support: Enabled
>
> Firewall Information
>
> Windows Firewall is on.
> iTunes is enabled in Windows Firewall.
>
> Connection attempt to Apple web site was unsuccessful.
> The network connection timed out.
> Connection attempt to iTunes Store was unsuccessful.
> The network connection timed out.
> Secure connection attempt to iTunes Store was unsuccessful.
> The network connection timed out.
>
> Copy of Partial communication with HP
>
> "We could not complete your iTunes Store reques ...(truncated)
> Spencer G: Please confirm if you are able to download and install HP and
> Windows Updates from the Internet?
> Spencer G: Thank you for confirming.
> Spencer G: William, since you are able to download and install iTunes, HP
> updates, Windows updates successfully, it seems there is no issues with the
> Internet and the issue is only with iTunes store, please contact iTunes
> support and inform them you experience the issue only with iTunes and no
> other.
>
> HP Media 770 Windows Vista

husseinadra

Re: Network connection timed out

Hello,

I registered here in Vista forums just to post this message, hope this
help people having problems with iTunes and having the same problem
message as me: iTunes Connection Timed Out".

The problem started yesterday, I read hours about the problem on the
net, I turned off the router, reboot the computer, turn firewall on and
off, I tried all what I have read, I can't list them all here. I even
tried to re-download iTunes etc.. Nothing changed, I still have the same
problem, could not connect to iTunes, and if connected it is slow, very
slow, and most of the times it failed to connect saying the same message
"Connection Timed Out".

At the end, I've done some changes in my operating system Vista, and
the problem has been solved completely:

1- In control panel I clicked security
2- In firewall, I clicked on allow a program through windows firewall,
it took me to Windows firewall settings
3-I clicked on advanced
4-I removed the check box on all Network connection

Finally my problem is solved, iTunes connect normally to store without
the annoying error message.

Hope this help

Good Luck

--