Offline files and Windows Vista Home Premium

Barry Fung

Offline files and Windows Vista Home Premium
I got Windows Vista Home Premium for my new laptop because in the Microsoft
Vista Editions comparison page, it indicated that it was "best choice for
laptops" and allows you to "collaborate and share documents". That was
perfect because I needed a laptop that could work with my files on a local
server. Unfortunately, I have since found that it doesn't allow you to work
with "offline files" when I am away from the server, and to get that feature
you have to go to Vista Ultimate. I would have imagined that the Microsoft
people would have figured that people working with laptops and wanting to
collaborate and share documents would want the "offline files" feature that
was available on Windows XP. Anyways, short of getting the Vista Ultimate
edition, is there a workaround from Microsoft that would allow me to work
with "offline files"? Any help would be much welcomed!

Barry F

laurent.brack@gmail.com

Re: Offline files and Windows Vista Home Premium
On Oct 21, 9:01 pm, "Barry Fung" <bypf...@attglobal.net> wrote:
> I got Windows Vista Home Premium for my new laptop because in the Microsoft
> Vista Editions comparison page, it indicated that it was "best choice for
> laptops" and allows you to "collaborate and share documents". That was
> perfect because I needed a laptop that could work with my files on a local
> server. Unfortunately, I have since found that it doesn't allow you to work
> with "offline files" when I am away from the server, and to get that feature
> you have to go to Vista Ultimate. I would have imagined that the Microsoft
> people would have figured that people working with laptops and wanting to
> collaborate and share documents would want the "offline files" feature that
> was available on Windows XP. Anyways, short of getting the Vista Ultimate
> edition, is there a workaround from Microsoft that would allow me to work
> with "offline files"? Any help would be much welcomed!
>
> Barry F

I have the same problem as you. There is synctoy that could do the
trick for you
(http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...aphy/prophoto/
synctoy.mspx)

Not as fancy but should do the trick.