New Fujitsu Vista Laptop (wont accept network key)

Darren.H

New Fujitsu Vista Laptop (wont accept network key)
Just bought a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3515 installed with Vista Home
Basic. The laptop will not connect by wireless to my Modem/Router. when it
says "Connect to internet" I click it. Then the available wireless networks
come up and I choose mine. It then asks for the Network Key which I type in.
It then comes back that this is the wrong Network Key.The key is totally 100%
right as it is being used on my old XP laptop which has never had any
problems. I tried connecting it to a nearby unsecure network and that worked
fine. Need help urgently. Thanks.

Cable & Wireless ADSLR10CW3 Wireless Modem/Router
WPA pre-shared key ENABLED
Data encryption - TKIP

FURTHER UPDATE - After spending 6 hours trying to get this working, I
progressed slightly. My Laptop will connect to my modem ONLY if I disable WPA
on the modem. This however leaves my network completely open to attacks etc.
If I turn WPA on again, it disconnects and back to square one. Please please
can somebody help. Im going crazy.
AJR

Re: New Fujitsu Vista Laptop (wont accept network key)
Answered via another news group, - the key you are entering does not match
the key you designated at setup.

"Darren.H" <DarrenH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just bought a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3515 installed with Vista Home
> Basic. The laptop will not connect by wireless to my Modem/Router. when it
> says "Connect to internet" I click it. Then the available wireless
> networks
> come up and I choose mine. It then asks for the Network Key which I type
> in.
> It then comes back that this is the wrong Network Key.The key is totally
> 100%
> right as it is being used on my old XP laptop which has never had any
> problems. I tried connecting it to a nearby unsecure network and that
> worked
> fine. Need help urgently. Thanks.
>
> Cable & Wireless ADSLR10CW3 Wireless Modem/Router
> WPA pre-shared key ENABLED
> Data encryption - TKIP
>
> FURTHER UPDATE - After spending 6 hours trying to get this working, I
> progressed slightly. My Laptop will connect to my modem ONLY if I disable
> WPA
> on the modem. This however leaves my network completely open to attacks
> etc.
> If I turn WPA on again, it disconnects and back to square one. Please
> please
> can somebody help. Im going crazy.

Jeffrey Randow

Re: New Fujitsu Vista Laptop (wont accept network key)
Also try http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935222

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 13:58:00 -0700, Darren.H
<DarrenH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Just bought a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3515 installed with Vista Home
>Basic. The laptop will not connect by wireless to my Modem/Router. when it
>says "Connect to internet" I click it. Then the available wireless networks
>come up and I choose mine. It then asks for the Network Key which I type in.
>It then comes back that this is the wrong Network Key.The key is totally 100%
>right as it is being used on my old XP laptop which has never had any
>problems. I tried connecting it to a nearby unsecure network and that worked
>fine. Need help urgently. Thanks.
>
>Cable & Wireless ADSLR10CW3 Wireless Modem/Router
>WPA pre-shared key ENABLED
>Data encryption - TKIP
>
>FURTHER UPDATE - After spending 6 hours trying to get this working, I
>progressed slightly. My Laptop will connect to my modem ONLY if I disable WPA
>on the modem. This however leaves my network completely open to attacks etc.
>If I turn WPA on again, it disconnects and back to square one. Please please
>can somebody help. Im going crazy.

Frustrated

RE: New Fujitsu Vista Laptop (wont accept network key)
I'm having this exact same problem. My 2 roommates with XP laptops are
connecting fine. I have a laptop running Vista Home Premium and it keeps
telling me that the key isn't correct, when clearly it's the same one my
roommates are using to get on.
Frustrated

RE: New Fujitsu Vista Laptop (wont accept network key)
All better for me now! I upgraded the firmware on the router. Everyone's
laptop runs fine now.

"Frustrated" wrote:

> I'm having this exact same problem. My 2 roommates with XP laptops are
> connecting fine. I have a laptop running Vista Home Premium and it keeps
> telling me that the key isn't correct, when clearly it's the same one my
> roommates are using to get on.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: New Fujitsu Vista Laptop (wont accept network key)
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net