USB Drive Not Accessible On Wireless Network - Vista Business

zumbado

USB Drive Not Accessible On Wireless Network - Vista Business
I have tried three different shared hard drives in on two wireless connected
XP Pro SP2 laptops with the same results:

Drive Configuration of “server.” Operating System Vista Business, up to
date. Comments on wireless “clients”

1 RAID 0, 4 hard drive enclosure, USB 2 connected.
• Drive Not accessible. Access denied.

• Properties on networked drive show
file

system as RAW. Disk capacity
shown as

100 % used.

• No hard drive contents shown.

2 Hard drive in USB 2 connected enclosure
• Folder in hard drive shown, but when

opened gave Access denied.

• Properties on networked drive
show file

system as NTFS. Disk capacity
shows

normal usage.

• Folder in hard drive shown as
empty.

3 Internal hard drive
• Contents of hard drive could be

accessed as expected.

Tests were also run disconnecting all firewalls with the same results shown
on the table.

In setting up hard drive sharing permissions were: Everyone. No pass words
were used.

Throughout all tests, rebooting was done without any changes in results.

I would appreciate any insightful help.

--
Juan
zumbado

RE: USB Drive Not Accessible On Wireless Network - Vista Business
I solved the problem by connecting the First Drive to the XP Pro SP2 laptop.
Conclusion: the PROBLEM IS WITH VISTA SOFTWARE, not with the hardware or due
to pilot error.
I retyped of original question because the software in this blog compressed
blank spaces in my original message to make it unreadable.
Original retyped question:
USB Drive Not Accessible On Wireless Network - Vista Business
I have tried three different shared hard drives on two wireless- connected
XP Pro SP2 laptops with the same results:
First Drive. Configuration: RAID 0, 4-hard drive enclosure, USB 2 connected.
Problem: Drive Not accessible. Access denied. Properties on networked drive
show file system as RAW. Disk capacity was shown as 100% used. No hard drive
contents shown.
Second Drive. Configuration: Hard drive in USB 2 connected enclosure.
Problem: Folder in hard drive shown, but when opened gave Access denied.
Properties on networked drive show file system as NTFS. Disk capacity shows
normal usage. Folder in hard drive was shown as empty, when it was not.
Third Drive. Configuration: Internal hard drive. Problem: None, contents of
hard drive could be accessed as expected.
All hard drives were formatted using Disk Management. Tests were also run
disconnecting all firewalls with the same results shown on the table. In
setting up hard drive sharing permissions were: Everyone. No pass words were
used. Throughout all tests, rebooting was done without any changes in
results. USB drives were connected directly to USB input of computer. No USB
hubs were used.
--
Juan