computer access over network Vista to XP

norto

computer access over network Vista to XP
Ok, Vista can access files on the XP laptop and the laptop can see the Vista
machine in the view Network Computers but when I click on the Vista
machine I get a connect to box that requires a password & user name.

Basically I have never set up a password / user name for networks . So how
can I connect these computers ? I am the only user and if possible I dont
want a password

Malke

Re: computer access over network Vista to XP
norto wrote:
> Ok, Vista can access files on the XP laptop and the laptop can see the Vista
> machine in the view Network Computers but when I click on the Vista
> machine I get a connect to box that requires a password & user name.
>
> Basically I have never set up a password / user name for networks . So how
> can I connect these computers ? I am the only user and if possible I dont
> want a password

Please do not make a new post about the same question only a little
while apart. I already answered this question in your first post. Go
back to that thread and if you have more questions, post them there. I
won't be monitoring this thread.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
organistjl

Re: computer access over network Vista to XP
Don't be an ass Malke. Obviously the guy doesn't know you have answered the
question and I don't blame him for not wanting to wade through thousands of
posts and forums for an answer. Time is valuable. If you don't want to answer
this question again simply don't reply. You don't have to be rude.
--
Regards,
JL

"Malke" wrote:

> norto wrote:
> > Ok, Vista can access files on the XP laptop and the laptop can see the Vista
> > machine in the view Network Computers but when I click on the Vista
> > machine I get a connect to box that requires a password & user name.
> >
> > Basically I have never set up a password / user name for networks . So how
> > can I connect these computers ? I am the only user and if possible I dont
> > want a password
> >

> Please do not make a new post about the same question only a little
> while apart. I already answered this question in your first post. Go
> back to that thread and if you have more questions, post them there. I
> won't be monitoring this thread.
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Gary G. Little

Re: computer access over network Vista to XP
Yup ... time is valuable ... our time for having to answer the same question
again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again
and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and
again and again and again and again and again and ..

And don't forget their valuable time that they could have been using
aplying the answer they would have gotten if they had scanned existing
posts, or done a few searches using the search facility in any reader I have
seen ... or Google, or ASK or etc.etc.etc.

Even using logic, though, should have been obvious ... if you have no login
and no password, then carriage return through. If that does not work then
use the Admin login and password, which again may be a carriage return. If
that does not work then it's time to break out the install disk

Malke was actually very polite in his "go read what I've already written"
reply.