Wireless connection problem

Sharon643

Wireless connection problem
Can anyone help me with the internet connection problems I am having?. I am
using a inspiron E1505 purchased in June 2007 using Windows Vista Ultimate.
It is using a Intel Next-Gen Wireless N . I was having no problem
connecting to the internet with our home wireless router until this week,
when upgraded the router to a Linksys WRT 300n version 1.1 router with a
secured network. The new router has 2 desktops hard wired and then we also
have an XPS 1330 laptop with Vista Home premium connecting. All of these
computers are connecting with no difficulty.

On the E1505, the computer locates the secured network and when it connects
it says it is successful. However, I am unable to connect to the internet.
When I go to the network and sharing center, it lists the connection as our
network with excellent signal strength. But at the top of the page it lists
the network as an unidentified network (public network) and then has a large
red X between the network and internet symbols. When I click on the red X,
the diagnosis says that it cannot communicate with the primary DNS server.
The Windows firewall is turned off.

I worked with Linksys, for several hours this afternoon. They checked all
of the router settings and checked the ipconfig information on the computer.
They were unable to locate any problems and suggested that I contact Dell.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Wireless connection problem
Try to change the public network to private network first. Or this link may
help too.

Vista issuesthe Vista laptop has limited connectivity to "Unidentified
network". The XP desktop says that the network cable isn't even plugged in.
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistanetissues.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net