Vista Sleep, Hibernation Internet Connection Lost

Frederick Smith

Vista Sleep, Hibernation Internet Connection Lost
Hi Robert, Barb,
I went back to the factory, HP style. I used my recovery DVD to restore the
laptop to factory default image. I then installed only the Windows updates
recommended, no driver updates.
I have the same issue as in my previous post. If my internet connection is
restored after Sleep or Hibernation, it is lost after about a minute or so.
Power cycling the router seems to reconnect, or using IPCONFIG /RELEASE and
IPCONFIG /RENEW.
Is this a Vista issue? Router? Check my previous post for specifics.
Thanks,
Fred

Frederick Smith

Re: Vista Sleep, Hibernation Internet Connection Lost
Oh Barb,
No anti-virus installed at this point to interfere.
Fred
"Frederick Smith" <fredcsmith@comcast.net> wrote in message
news3F0B79C-76EA-46A0-AE7B-21BA6267907D@microsoft.com...
> Hi Robert, Barb,
> I went back to the factory, HP style. I used my recovery DVD to restore
> the laptop to factory default image. I then installed only the Windows
> updates recommended, no driver updates.
> I have the same issue as in my previous post. If my internet connection is
> restored after Sleep or Hibernation, it is lost after about a minute or
> so.
> Power cycling the router seems to reconnect, or using IPCONFIG /RELEASE
> and IPCONFIG /RENEW.
> Is this a Vista issue? Router? Check my previous post for specifics.
> Thanks,
> Fred

Barb Bowman

Re: Vista Sleep, Hibernation Internet Connection Lost
what happens if you give the NIC a static IP and DNS?

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:43:26 -0400, "Frederick Smith"

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Barb Bowman

Re: Vista Sleep, Hibernation Internet Connection Lost
could you please quote the history of this with your next reply? Or
repost in the original thread?

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Frederick Smith

Re: Vista Sleep, Hibernation Internet Connection Lost
I works fine with a static IP and DNS. The Netgear(router) Tech I spoke to
helped me set this up as a work around. She also told me she experienced the
same problem with her Vista Premium PC.

Fred
"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
> what happens if you give the NIC a static IP and DNS?
>
> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:43:26 -0400, "Frederick Smith"
> <fredcsmith@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Hi Robert, Barb,
>>I went back to the factory, HP style. I used my recovery DVD to restore
>>the
>>laptop to factory default image. I then installed only the Windows updates
>>recommended, no driver updates.
>>I have the same issue as in my previous post. If my internet connection is
>>restored after Sleep or Hibernation, it is lost after about a minute or
>>so.
>>Power cycling the router seems to reconnect, or using IPCONFIG /RELEASE
>>and
>>IPCONFIG /RENEW.
>>Is this a Vista issue? Router? Check my previous post for specifics.
>>Thanks,
>>Fred

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Frederick Smith

Re: Vista Sleep, Hibernation Internet Connection Lost
I am not sure what you mean. My original post is dated 10/16 and has the my
name and Email. This is where we discussed all of this prior to my restoring
the laptop to factory.
> could you please quote the history of this with your next reply? Or
> repost in the original thread?
>

> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:43:26 -0400, "Frederick Smith"
> <fredcsmith@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Hi Robert, Barb,
>>I went back to the factory, HP style. I used my recovery DVD to restore
>>the
>>laptop to factory default image. I then installed only the Windows updates
>>recommended, no driver updates.
>>I have the same issue as in my previous post. If my internet connection is
>>restored after Sleep or Hibernation, it is lost after about a minute or
>>so.
>>Power cycling the router seems to reconnect, or using IPCONFIG /RELEASE
>>and
>>IPCONFIG /RENEW.
>>Is this a Vista issue? Router? Check my previous post for specifics.
>>Thanks,
>>Fred

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Barb Bowman

Re: Vista Sleep, Hibernation Internet Connection Lost
Can you list the version numbers of the drivers you have tried for
the network card?

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 12:12:58 -0400, "Frederick Smith"
<fredcsmith@comcast.net> wrote:

>I works fine with a static IP and DNS. The Netgear(router) Tech I spoke to
>helped me set this up as a work around. She also told me she experienced the
>same problem with her Vista Premium PC.
>
>Fred
>"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
>news:mkgjh3l1prrh12p0sqd1eqo4frang5j5e5@4ax.com.. .
>> what happens if you give the NIC a static IP and DNS?
>>
>> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:43:26 -0400, "Frederick Smith"
>> <fredcsmith@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Robert, Barb,
>>>I went back to the factory, HP style. I used my recovery DVD to restore
>>>the
>>>laptop to factory default image. I then installed only the Windows updates
>>>recommended, no driver updates.
>>>I have the same issue as in my previous post. If my internet connection is
>>>restored after Sleep or Hibernation, it is lost after about a minute or
>>>so.
>>>Power cycling the router seems to reconnect, or using IPCONFIG /RELEASE
>>>and
>>>IPCONFIG /RENEW.
>>>Is this a Vista issue? Router? Check my previous post for specifics.
>>>Thanks,
>>>Fred

>> --
>>
>> Barb Bowman
>> MS Windows-MVP

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Barb Bowman

Re: Vista Sleep, Hibernation Internet Connection Lost
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't have time to
search for the history of your problem and refer back to a different
"thread". If you could find the last post that you refer to and
paste it in here so that we can see the history all in one place, it
would be helpful. It is considered a standard.

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 12:21:11 -0400, "Frederick Smith"
<fredcsmith@comcast.net> wrote:

>I am not sure what you mean. My original post is dated 10/16 and has the my
>name and Email. This is where we discussed all of this prior to my restoring
>the laptop to factory.
>Fred
>"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
>news:engjh3druimu3pnp7qo3shggp9srtp1pnk@4ax.com.. .
>> could you please quote the history of this with your next reply? Or
>> repost in the original thread?
>>

>> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:43:26 -0400, "Frederick Smith"
>> <fredcsmith@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Robert, Barb,
>>>I went back to the factory, HP style. I used my recovery DVD to restore
>>>the
>>>laptop to factory default image. I then installed only the Windows updates
>>>recommended, no driver updates.
>>>I have the same issue as in my previous post. If my internet connection is
>>>restored after Sleep or Hibernation, it is lost after about a minute or
>>>so.
>>>Power cycling the router seems to reconnect, or using IPCONFIG /RELEASE
>>>and
>>>IPCONFIG /RENEW.
>>>Is this a Vista issue? Router? Check my previous post for specifics.
>>>Thanks,
>>>Fred

>> --
>>
>> Barb Bowman
>> MS Windows-MVP

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Frederick Smith

Re: Vista Sleep, Hibernation Internet Connection Lost
I am not sure what you mean. Do you want me to go through the "thread", copy
and paste, everything into one message posted here?

>>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Frederick Smith

Re: Vista Sleep, Hibernation Internet Connection Lost
Ok, I copied and pasted everything from your last reply in the previous
reply/thread. Let me know if it sufficient?

***

Just be sure to back up your data files first.

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:50:39 -0400, "Frederick Smith"
<fredcsmith@comcast.net> wrote:

>** Sigh ** Maybe it's time to use the recovery DVD and restore the system
>back to factory
>Fred.
>"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
>news:irlhh3lgoqpbtltg2r26lg13o4th792lho@4ax.com.. .
>> you could always re install it if it does not resolve the issue. I
>> don't use AVG so I don't know - but most of these install an LSP
>> that could impact networking. I use NOD32 myself.
>>
>> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:00:35 -0400, "Frederick Smith"
>> <fredcsmith@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks Barb,
>>>
>>>I have AVG Anti-virus Free Edition. I could try uninstalling it and see
>>>if
>>>it makes a difference. Are you sure anti-virus software could be
>>>responsible? Internet Security Software with a firewall, etc. maybe.
>>>
>>>Fred
>>>
>>>"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>>news:35sgh3dm95aelsc3rtr2jqfiolbfelumbo@4ax.com ...

>> --