Local Versus Local and Intenet

Eric Euy

Local Versus Local and Intenet
Actulally I have no problem with internet connecting to the internet,
browsing and everything. My internet connection is the all the time. My
confusion is over the task bar icon. For a few minute it indicates that I am
connected to Local and Internet and the next minute it indicates that I am
connected to Local only. Is there any differnce between the two? Anything I
should worry about?
My PC connected to the DSL modem thru network cable.
Jeffrey Randow

Re: Local Versus Local and Intenet
Windows is sometimes slow to detect whether or not the default route
to the internet works or not...

That's why you get Local from time to time..

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:04:04 -0700, Eric Euy
<EricEuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Actulally I have no problem with internet connecting to the internet,
>browsing and everything. My internet connection is the all the time. My
>confusion is over the task bar icon. For a few minute it indicates that I am
>connected to Local and Internet and the next minute it indicates that I am
>connected to Local only. Is there any differnce between the two? Anything I
>should worry about?
>My PC connected to the DSL modem thru network cable.

Eric Euy

Re: Local Versus Local and Intenet
Thank you for the information. So nothing to worry about then as long as I
have the connection. It's just that I saw many postings similar to mine
except that they have problem with the internet connection as well. Or is it
because they connect wirelessly? Again, thanks.

"Jeffrey Randow" wrote:

> Windows is sometimes slow to detect whether or not the default route
> to the internet works or not...
>
> That's why you get Local from time to time..
>
> ---
> Jeffrey Randow
> jeffreycentex@gmail.com
> Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
> http://www.networkblog.net
>

> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:04:04 -0700, Eric Euy
> <EricEuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Actulally I have no problem with internet connecting to the internet,
> >browsing and everything. My internet connection is the all the time. My
> >confusion is over the task bar icon. For a few minute it indicates that I am
> >connected to Local and Internet and the next minute it indicates that I am
> >connected to Local only. Is there any differnce between the two? Anything I
> >should worry about?
> >My PC connected to the DSL modem thru network cable.

Jeffrey Randow

Re: Local Versus Local and Intenet
I've seen it on my systems and some of others I have known and it
hasn't been an issue. For our case, the general cause of the problem
is a long latency/ping time to the internet...

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 09:06:01 -0700, Eric Euy