Logon Username & Password Fails on At Work Network

Himanshu

Logon Username & Password Fails on At Work Network
I am trying to connect Vista Ultimate based Laptop to my at work network (A
Server -W2K along with broadband internet connection, that uses routers and
ethernet cables).

I use map network. I use a server name & I am asked for user name & p/wd.
(I believe my server name is correct -because when I deliberately use a
different server name, I do not reach the dialogue box asking for user name &
p/wd).

I enter my only administrative privileged username along with the password
assosiated with the user name. Two things happen: System modifies my user
name to incorporate my computer name (what I feel is normal). I get a message
'Incorrect Username &/or Password'.

I pinged the server. It works with 0% loss.
I tracert my servername & server address. It works.
NSLOOKUP rezults are ok.
DNS Client (in services) is set to Started & Automatic.

Thank you for helping me connect my laptop with at work network. (I hv
access to network adminstration level -however any changes on server W2K
would be tricky for that the network is busy all the time)

The other 4-5 desktops on network use XP.
Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Logon Username & Password Fails on At Work Network
Try this command: net use H: \\servername\sharedname /u:domainname\username
(note: replace servername, sharedname, domainname and username with all real
names). If that doesn't work, it should give you a system error.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net