Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Connecting to wireless network - EAP properties return error

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2007
Jitse
 

Posts: n/a
Connecting to wireless network - EAP properties return error
Good day,

I'm trying to connect to the wireless network of my university, but I keep
getting the same error. I did everything correct, but when I want to apply
the certificate to the connection, I get an error.

What I do is this: I go the the network centre, choose "Manage Wireless
Networks". Then I right-click the wireless network, and choose properties.
Then I go to the "Security" tab. When you look at the "method of network
verification" listbox, "Protected EAP (PEAP)" is chosen (which is correct).
Next to the listbox I click "Configuration..." (so I can select the correct
certificate). But I simply get an error when I press that configuration
button.

This is the error:

Windows has encountered an error saving the EAP properties. Specific
error: The specified module could not be found.

Maybe my description is a little vague, here's a clear screenshot:

http://www.geocities.com/xargotheone/offsite/error.jpg

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2007
Mick Murphy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Connecting to wireless network - EAP properties return error
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...uy/cg0406.mspx

The above link is for wireless networking.

I think you are complicating it!!!

"Jitse" wrote:

> Good day,
>
> I'm trying to connect to the wireless network of my university, but I keep
> getting the same error. I did everything correct, but when I want to apply
> the certificate to the connection, I get an error.
>
> What I do is this: I go the the network centre, choose "Manage Wireless
> Networks". Then I right-click the wireless network, and choose properties.
> Then I go to the "Security" tab. When you look at the "method of network
> verification" listbox, "Protected EAP (PEAP)" is chosen (which is correct).
> Next to the listbox I click "Configuration..." (so I can select the correct
> certificate). But I simply get an error when I press that configuration
> button.
>
> This is the error:
>
> Windows has encountered an error saving the EAP properties. Specific
> error: The specified module could not be found.
>
> Maybe my description is a little vague, here's a clear screenshot:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/xargotheone/offsite/error.jpg
>
> Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2007
Jitse
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Connecting to wireless network - EAP properties return error
I'm certainly not. I did exactly what's written in that article you've given
me. Except from one thing, because it's simply not possible because I get
that error. It's at this point:

(image of the article)
http://img.microsoft.com/library/med...y/cg040606.gif

(my own screenshot)
http://www.geocities.com/xargotheone/offsite/error.jpg

I've got as options:

Security Type: 802.1x
Encryption Type: WEP
Network Authentication Method: Protected EAP (PEAP)

All I have to do now, is click that "Settings..." button and select the
correct certificate. But when I click that button I get that error (as you
can see in my own screenshot or read in the starting post of this topic).

Could anyone help me with this please?

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...uy/cg0406.mspx
>
> The above link is for wireless networking.
>
> I think you are complicating it!!!
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2007
Jeffrey Randow
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Connecting to wireless network - EAP properties return error
Try using TLS if you are doing Cert Based 8021x...

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:01:01 -0700, Jitse
<Jitse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm certainly not. I did exactly what's written in that article you've given
>me. Except from one thing, because it's simply not possible because I get
>that error. It's at this point:
>
>(image of the article)
>http://img.microsoft.com/library/med...y/cg040606.gif
>
>(my own screenshot)
>http://www.geocities.com/xargotheone/offsite/error.jpg
>
>I've got as options:
>
>Security Type: 802.1x
>Encryption Type: WEP
>Network Authentication Method: Protected EAP (PEAP)
>
>All I have to do now, is click that "Settings..." button and select the
>correct certificate. But when I click that button I get that error (as you
>can see in my own screenshot or read in the starting post of this topic).
>
>Could anyone help me with this please?
>
>"Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...uy/cg0406.mspx
>>
>> The above link is for wireless networking.
>>
>> I think you are complicating it!!!
>>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2007
Jitse
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Connecting to wireless network - EAP properties return error
Do you mean the "SecureW2 TTLS"? I tried that, then I get about the same error:

Windows has encountered an error saving the EAP properties. Specific
error: Unspecified error.

"Jeffrey Randow" wrote:

> Try using TLS if you are doing Cert Based 8021x...
>
> ---
> Jeffrey Randow
> jeffreycentex@gmail.com
> Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
> http://www.networkblog.net
>
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:01:01 -0700, Jitse
> <Jitse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm certainly not. I did exactly what's written in that article you've given
> >me. Except from one thing, because it's simply not possible because I get
> >that error. It's at this point:
> >
> >(image of the article)
> >http://img.microsoft.com/library/med...y/cg040606.gif
> >
> >(my own screenshot)
> >http://www.geocities.com/xargotheone/offsite/error.jpg
> >
> >I've got as options:
> >
> >Security Type: 802.1x
> >Encryption Type: WEP
> >Network Authentication Method: Protected EAP (PEAP)
> >
> >All I have to do now, is click that "Settings..." button and select the
> >correct certificate. But when I click that button I get that error (as you
> >can see in my own screenshot or read in the starting post of this topic).
> >
> >Could anyone help me with this please?
> >
> >"Mick Murphy" wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...uy/cg0406.mspx
> >>
> >> The above link is for wireless networking.
> >>
> >> I think you are complicating it!!!
> >>

>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2007
Jitse
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Connecting to wireless network - EAP properties return error
Alright nevermind, I found the problem. It's this stupid SecureW2 third-party
program that's supposed to help you with setting up a wireless connection,
hehehe. It was even recommended by the technical notes of the server I wanted
to connect to. It's probably just a Vista 64bit incompatibility.

Thanks for the replies though.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-25-2007
ivo.a.l.vieira@gmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Connecting to wireless network - EAP properties return error
On Oct 19, 3:41 pm, Jitse <Ji...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Alright nevermind, I found the problem. It's this stupid SecureW2 third-party
> program that's supposed to help you with setting up a wireless connection,
> hehehe. It was even recommended by the technical notes of the server I wanted
> to connect to. It's probably just a Vista 64bit incompatibility.
>
> Thanks for the replies though.


Can you tell me what you have done to fix it?
I have exacly the same problem that you had. I'm a student of IST, I
have Vista Ultimate 64bit and I also need SecureW2.
Please help me.
Greetings
Ivo Vieira

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2007
akaloki
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Connecting to wireless network - EAP properties return error

so what's the catch?


--
akaloki
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
...error saving the EAP properties. insomniak microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 08-29-2007 05:54
Problem connecting to wireless network =?Utf-8?B?YmlsbHlu?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 3 07-04-2007 01:40
Problem in connecting to Wireless network Smita microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 06-12-2007 16:25
Connecting to a Secure Wireless Network bhiranya microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 06-06-2007 10:28
Wireless network not connecting bill-hokie microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 8 05-09-2007 00:29




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:05.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120