wireless problem!

Herbert74

wireless problem!
Hi, I bought a new ladtop with vista basic and all were good but one day when
I was working it apears an error so I restarted my pc and when i did that
apears that windows had to scan and fix some errors so I did that and when it
finished some of my programs were erased and windows didn´t find any wirelles
network so i took my windows dvd and put the repair option and my programs
apear again but the wirelles network still doesn´t work. the curios part is
that my wireless card is ok because the software of the wireless card detects
wireless signals and show me but when I go to the windows connections it does
not appear anything, can anybody help me???
Barb Bowman

Re: wireless problem!
Unfortunately, that isn't enough information. It is possible that
you still have an unstable windows install if "some of your programs
were erased". When did you buy the computer? When did this happen?

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Herbert74

Re: wireless problem!

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> Unfortunately, that isn't enough information. It is possible that
> you still have an unstable windows install if "some of your programs
> were erased". When did you buy the computer? When did this happen?
>
> On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 06:08:03 -0700, Herbert74
> <Herbert74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi, I bought a new ladtop with vista basic and all were good but one day when
> >I was working it apears an error so I restarted my pc and when i did that
> >apears that windows had to scan and fix some errors so I did that and when it
> >finished some of my programs were erased and windows didn´t find any wirelles
> >network so i took my windows dvd and put the repair option and my programs
> >apear again but the wirelles network still doesn´t work. the curios part is
> >that my wireless card is ok because the software of the wireless card detects
> >wireless signals and show me but when I go to the windows connections it does
> >not appear anything, can anybody help me???

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Herbert74

Re: wireless problem!
Hi,first of all thanks a lot for the help, now i bought my ladtop by Agust of
this year and the problem occurs few weeks ago, I have a DELL 1521 and my
wireless card is aa 1390 WLAN and I already have the latest driver for it,
should I upgrade my windows to home-premium, or there is a solution for this
trouble. Again thanks for the help!!!

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> Unfortunately, that isn't enough information. It is possible that
> you still have an unstable windows install if "some of your programs
> were erased". When did you buy the computer? When did this happen?
>
> On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 06:08:03 -0700, Herbert74
> <Herbert74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi, I bought a new ladtop with vista basic and all were good but one day when
> >I was working it apears an error so I restarted my pc and when i did that
> >apears that windows had to scan and fix some errors so I did that and when it
> >finished some of my programs were erased and windows didn´t find any wirelles
> >network so i took my windows dvd and put the repair option and my programs
> >apear again but the wirelles network still doesn´t work. the curios part is
> >that my wireless card is ok because the software of the wireless card detects
> >wireless signals and show me but when I go to the windows connections it does
> >not appear anything, can anybody help me???

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Barb Bowman

Re: wireless problem!
did the computer come with a recovery DVD or a recovery program to
return your system to its "new out of box condition"?

what "error" appeared that day before the restart?

You could also have a virus, or other malware. Upgrading to premium
is not the answer at this point. need to know what the error was
that was the start of all of this?

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:43:00 -0700, Herbert74
<Herbert74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,first of all thanks a lot for the help, now i bought my ladtop by Agust of
>this year and the problem occurs few weeks ago, I have a DELL 1521 and my
>wireless card is aa 1390 WLAN and I already have the latest driver for it,
>should I upgrade my windows to home-premium, or there is a solution for this
>trouble. Again thanks for the help!!!
>
>"Barb Bowman" wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, that isn't enough information. It is possible that
>> you still have an unstable windows install if "some of your programs
>> were erased". When did you buy the computer? When did this happen?
>>
>> On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 06:08:03 -0700, Herbert74
>> <Herbert74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi, I bought a new ladtop with vista basic and all were good but one day when
>> >I was working it apears an error so I restarted my pc and when i did that
>> >apears that windows had to scan and fix some errors so I did that and when it
>> >finished some of my programs were erased and windows didnt find any wirelles
>> >network so i took my windows dvd and put the repair option and my programs
>> >apear again but the wirelles network still doesnt work. the curios part is
>> >that my wireless card is ok because the software of the wireless card detects
>> >wireless signals and show me but when I go to the windows connections it does
>> >not appear anything, can anybody help me???

>> --
>>
>> Barb Bowman
>> MS Windows-MVP

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Herbert74

Re: wireless problem!
well my computer came with a recovery dvd and also has a disk partition with
recovery data, and now about the "error" it just says like the system has
stopped working and must be restarted, and thats what i did and then when
windows started to load it appears 2 or more options i don´t remember exactly
like "scan and fix" and start "windows normally" and i selected the first
one.

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> did the computer come with a recovery DVD or a recovery program to
> return your system to its "new out of box condition"?
>
> what "error" appeared that day before the restart?
>
> You could also have a virus, or other malware. Upgrading to premium
> is not the answer at this point. need to know what the error was
> that was the start of all of this?
>
> On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:43:00 -0700, Herbert74
> <Herbert74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,first of all thanks a lot for the help, now i bought my ladtop by Agust of
> >this year and the problem occurs few weeks ago, I have a DELL 1521 and my
> >wireless card is aa 1390 WLAN and I already have the latest driver for it,
> >should I upgrade my windows to home-premium, or there is a solution for this
> >trouble. Again thanks for the help!!!
> >
> >"Barb Bowman" wrote:
> >
> >> Unfortunately, that isn't enough information. It is possible that
> >> you still have an unstable windows install if "some of your programs
> >> were erased". When did you buy the computer? When did this happen?

> >> --
> >>
> >> Barb Bowman
> >> MS Windows-MVP
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
> >> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
> >>

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Barb Bowman

Re: wireless problem!
which programs were erased exactly? you said "some of my programs
were erased". this is important information.

are you still getting ANY errors?

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 05:52:00 -0700, Herbert74

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP