Remoet Desktop custom MMC Snap-In

Kelly Armitage

Remoet Desktop custom MMC Snap-In
Hi everyone

I use on a Vista PC the server admin pack to locally administrate some of
the funtions of the server 2003 machine. The "remote desktops" snap-in
allows me to specifiy multiple connections on the left, and when clicking on
one, open the related remote desktop on the right. All of it works fine,
until I want to access one of the machines that uses a custom remote desktop
port. typically it would just be the IP address or server name with a ":"
and the port number (server01:4000) and would then use port 4000 for that
connection. However in this remote desktops snaip in my custom mmc, it tells
me I cannot put a colon....... anyone have any idea how I can use this
snap-in and specifiy a port number ?

Thanks
squeakstar

Re: Remoet Desktop custom MMC Snap-In

can't help but you can tell me where i can get the pack you're using
please????

--
squeakstar
squeakstar's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=29478

http://forums.techarena.in

Jeffrey Randow

Re: Remoet Desktop custom MMC Snap-In
It was available in the Win2K3 Adminpak, which isn't "available" for
Vista..

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 07:05:02 -0700, Kelly Armitage
<KellyArmitage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi everyone
>
>I use on a Vista PC the server admin pack to locally administrate some of
>the funtions of the server 2003 machine. The "remote desktops" snap-in
>allows me to specifiy multiple connections on the left, and when clicking on
>one, open the related remote desktop on the right. All of it works fine,
>until I want to access one of the machines that uses a custom remote desktop
>port. typically it would just be the IP address or server name with a ":"
>and the port number (server01:4000) and would then use port 4000 for that
>connection. However in this remote desktops snaip in my custom mmc, it tells
>me I cannot put a colon....... anyone have any idea how I can use this
>snap-in and specifiy a port number ?
>
>Thanks

Jeffrey Randow

Re: Remoet Desktop custom MMC Snap-In
Sorry, posted that on the wrong thread. It was a part of the Windows
2003 Server Adminpack which isn't supported on Vista.

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 21:06:07 +0530, squeakstar
<squeakstar.2yk13d@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>can't help but you can tell me where i can get the pack you're using
>please????

Jeffrey Randow

Re: Remoet Desktop custom MMC Snap-In
Sorry, wrong post...

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 21:10:20 -0500, Jeffrey Randow
<jeffreycentex@gmail.com> wrote:

>It was available in the Win2K3 Adminpak, which isn't "available" for
>Vista..
>
>---
>Jeffrey Randow
>jeffreycentex@gmail.com
>Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
>http://www.networkblog.net
>
>On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 07:05:02 -0700, Kelly Armitage
><KellyArmitage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi everyone
>>
>>I use on a Vista PC the server admin pack to locally administrate some of
>>the funtions of the server 2003 machine. The "remote desktops" snap-in
>>allows me to specifiy multiple connections on the left, and when clicking on
>>one, open the related remote desktop on the right. All of it works fine,
>>until I want to access one of the machines that uses a custom remote desktop
>>port. typically it would just be the IP address or server name with a ":"
>>and the port number (server01:4000) and would then use port 4000 for that
>>connection. However in this remote desktops snaip in my custom mmc, it tells
>>me I cannot put a colon....... anyone have any idea how I can use this
>>snap-in and specifiy a port number ?
>>
>>Thanks

Kelly Armitage

Re: Remoet Desktop custom MMC Snap-In
not sure what your talkign about "not available" i use it daily and it works
perfectly, with a couple minor exceptions..... ie: cant use custom port
numbers..... but i use it for remote desktops, AD users and computers, and a
Printers snap-in all to administer things i would otherwise have to remote
desktop into 10 different servers............

"Jeffrey Randow" wrote:

> Sorry, wrong post...
>
> ---
> Jeffrey Randow
> jeffreycentex@gmail.com
> Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
> http://www.networkblog.net
>
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 21:10:20 -0500, Jeffrey Randow
> <jeffreycentex@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >It was available in the Win2K3 Adminpak, which isn't "available" for
> >Vista..
> >
> >---
> >Jeffrey Randow
> >jeffreycentex@gmail.com
> >Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
> >http://www.networkblog.net
> >
> >On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 07:05:02 -0700, Kelly Armitage
> ><KellyArmitage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Hi everyone
> >>
> >>I use on a Vista PC the server admin pack to locally administrate some of
> >>the funtions of the server 2003 machine. The "remote desktops" snap-in
> >>allows me to specifiy multiple connections on the left, and when clicking on
> >>one, open the related remote desktop on the right. All of it works fine,
> >>until I want to access one of the machines that uses a custom remote desktop
> >>port. typically it would just be the IP address or server name with a ":"
> >>and the port number (server01:4000) and would then use port 4000 for that
> >>connection. However in this remote desktops snaip in my custom mmc, it tells
> >>me I cannot put a colon....... anyone have any idea how I can use this
> >>snap-in and specifiy a port number ?
> >>
> >>Thanks

Jeffrey Randow

Re: Remoet Desktop custom MMC Snap-In
I put not "available" in quotes because it doesn't work without a bit
of hacking to make it completely compatible.. It can be installed,
but you have to know what works and what doesn't.

---
Jeffrey Randow
jeffreycentex@gmail.com
Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006
http://www.networkblog.net

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:41:03 -0700, Kelly Armitage