Cannot start Dhcp client

Samzabrus

Cannot start Dhcp client
Hello

I cannot start the dhcp client in vista, so I am at the moment without
internet access.

I am using vista ultimate, and also using the hidden administrator account.

When i go into "Services" and highlight dhcp, it stands as automatic, but
isnt started. When i push the start button, I get a error message saying.
"Error: 5 no access. "

And thats about it. I have no idea how to start it.
Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advace.
Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Cannot start Dhcp client
Any errors in the Event Viewer? This search result may help.

The DHCP Client service does not start after you upgrade a Windows ...If you
try to start the DHCP Client service, you receive the following error
message:. Could not start the DCHP Client service on Local Computer. Error
5: ...
www.support.microsoft.com/kb/895149

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Samzabrus" <Samzabrus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I cannot start the dhcp client in vista, so I am at the moment without
> internet access.
>
> I am using vista ultimate, and also using the hidden administrator
> account.
>
> When i go into "Services" and highlight dhcp, it stands as automatic, but
> isnt started. When i push the start button, I get a error message saying.
> "Error: 5 no access. "
>
> And thats about it. I have no idea how to start it.
> Any ideas anyone?
>
> Thanks in advace.

Samzabrus

Re: Cannot start Dhcp client
I tried this, but it didnt work. Windows couldnt recongnice "network service"

Any other sulotions?