Re: Problem connecting to internet after Vista Windows update

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Problem connecting to internet after Vista Windows update
(cross-post added to Vista Networking)
>I just had 8 updates to my windows Vista Today...not I can not connecto the
> internet via AOL, nor Windows Internet Explorer. Does anyone have any idea
> what is creating this problem??? Better yet, how do I get reconnected to the
> Internet. (I was online earlier today before the updates loaded.) (I use
> Time warner Cable modem).

Try this troubleshooter

<title>How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems in Internet Explorer</title>
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936211

Also since that article was written a special case which is often overlooked
has recently been added. Note that iexplore.exe can be regarded as being
just the most common example of a more general problem the article implies.

<title>Error message after you install a Windows Internet Explorer 7 update
from Windows Update or from Microsoft Update: &quot;Webpage cannot be
displayed&quot;</title>
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=942818

BTW since your problem symptoms are occurring for more than one app
and since I do not use your OS I am cross-posting this to a newsgroup
which specializes in Networking for your OS.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Dwarf

Re: Problem connecting to internet after Vista Windows update
Hi Robert,

Can I refer people to my post 'Updating Windows Vista' in the newsgroup
'Windows Update' (dated 10/10/2007). This post gives references to other
posts of mine which give instructions on solving their problems. Obviously,
this method will only work for systems running Vista.
Dwarf