rdp from xp to vista works fine but vice versa not at all????

Saskia

rdp from xp to vista works fine but vice versa not at all????
Hi
I encountered a most peculiar issue:
I want to rdp from Vista Ultimate to XPpro-sp2 but no succes so far
When I rdp from XPpro-sp2 to the Vista machine, it works fine, so what
exactly am I missing here?

thanks in advance

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: rdp from xp to vista works fine but vice versa not at all????
Can you telnet XP port 3389?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Saskia" <Saskia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I encountered a most peculiar issue:
> I want to rdp from Vista Ultimate to XPpro-sp2 but no succes so far
> When I rdp from XPpro-sp2 to the Vista machine, it works fine, so what
> exactly am I missing here?
>
> thanks in advance

Saskia

Re: rdp from xp to vista works fine but vice versa not at all????
No I can not, I did open the port in the firewall though. (tcp and udp)
Ping works fine, regular network access is fine too (via explorer)

"Robert L (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Can you telnet XP port 3389?
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Saskia" <Saskia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I encountered a most peculiar issue:
> > I want to rdp from Vista Ultimate to XPpro-sp2 but no succes so far
> > When I rdp from XPpro-sp2 to the Vista machine, it works fine, so what
> > exactly am I missing here?
> >
> > thanks in advance

Sooner Al [MVP]

Re: rdp from xp to vista works fine but vice versa not at all????
Make sure Remote Desktop is enabled on the XP Pro machine.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...da1033.mspx#EI

Beyond that the Vista Remote Desktop client needs to be configured like
this...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...ntSettings.jpg

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

rights...

"Saskia" wrote:

> No I can not, I did open the port in the firewall though. (tcp and udp)
> Ping works fine, regular network access is fine too (via explorer)
>
> "Robert L (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > Can you telnet XP port 3389?
> >
> > --
> > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
> > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
> > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> >

> > "Saskia" <Saskia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > > I encountered a most peculiar issue:
> > > I want to rdp from Vista Ultimate to XPpro-sp2 but no succes so far
> > > When I rdp from XPpro-sp2 to the Vista machine, it works fine, so what
> > > exactly am I missing here?
> > >
> > > thanks in advance

Saskia

Re: rdp from xp to vista works fine but vice versa not at all????
As I stated in my first post, rdp from xp to vista works fine, and yes my
settings on the vista side are correct. I would think that the rdp client is
enabled on xp, otherwise I would not be able to rdp from the xp pc to the
vista pc, would I?

Ipconfig: Using IP4 , Client for mswindows networks enabled, Qos enabled,
IP6 disabled, ip adress statically configured, netbios enabled, no gateway,
no winsocks etc.
ICS enabled, works just fine.
An identical config was setup on the xp side

No other network troubles, I am able to access shared drives on the xp pc
from vista and vice versa.
Btw my computer skills level at least equals mcsa/mcse ...
Any USEFULL tips would be appreciated.

"Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:

> Make sure Remote Desktop is enabled on the XP Pro machine.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...da1033.mspx#EI
>
> Beyond that the Vista Remote Desktop client needs to be configured like
> this...
>
> http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...ntSettings.jpg
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> rights...
>

> "Saskia" wrote:
>
> > No I can not, I did open the port in the firewall though. (tcp and udp)
> > Ping works fine, regular network access is fine too (via explorer)
> >
> > "Robert L (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> > > Can you telnet XP port 3389?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> > > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
> > > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> > > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
> > > http://www.HowToNetworking.com

Saskia

Re: rdp from xp to vista works fine but vice versa not at all????
Unfortunately my rdp issue has not been resolved yet, can you inform me what
the status of this issue is? Are there any solutions ?

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: rdp from xp to vista works fine but vice versa not at all????
Can you telnet port 3389?