Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

How delete/disconnect a network drive.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-14-2007
Scully
 

Posts: n/a
How delete/disconnect a network drive.
I recently formatted a network drive that I have, as I was changing the way I
store stuff on my network drives. However when I re-connected the drive I
realised I had not disconnected it first. As a result of this I cannot remap
the network drive to the computer. Everytime I try I get the message.

' The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different user
name and password. To connect using a different user name and password, first
disconnect any existing mappings to this network share.'

Windows explorer shows the old drive there. When i right click on it and
select the disconnect option I get

'This network connection does not exist'

when i right click on computer and select disconnect network drive option it
shows the drive i want to remove however when i select it and click OK to
disconnect i get the message

' F:, connected to (there are 2 chinese symbols here), could not be
disconnected because an error has occured:
This network connection does not exist.'

Can anyone help me with the problem.

Many thanks in advance
--
I'm not mad the voices in my head keep telling me so!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2007
Robert L \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How delete/disconnect a network drive.
You may want to use net command to delete the drives. This post may help,

Cant disconnect Network drive in vistaTry this command: net use * /d. -- Bob
Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE ... Ive got a desktop pc with Vista ultimate and an
acer laptop with xp installed. ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...564f0 ea52a8b


--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
http://www.HowToNetworking.com


"Scully" <Scully@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:77B32F45-6FC4-4383-8EAE-A660D2918409@microsoft.com...
>I recently formatted a network drive that I have, as I was changing the way
>I
> store stuff on my network drives. However when I re-connected the drive I
> realised I had not disconnected it first. As a result of this I cannot
> remap
> the network drive to the computer. Everytime I try I get the message.
>
> ' The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different user
> name and password. To connect using a different user name and password,
> first
> disconnect any existing mappings to this network share.'
>
> Windows explorer shows the old drive there. When i right click on it and
> select the disconnect option I get
>
> 'This network connection does not exist'
>
> when i right click on computer and select disconnect network drive option
> it
> shows the drive i want to remove however when i select it and click OK to
> disconnect i get the message
>
> ' F:, connected to (there are 2 chinese symbols here), could not be
> disconnected because an error has occured:
> This network connection does not exist.'
>
> Can anyone help me with the problem.
>
> Many thanks in advance
> --
> I'm not mad the voices in my head keep telling me so!



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2009
tedgrant2
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How delete/disconnect a network drive.

This works on XP and I guess a similar procedure will work in Vista...
First, you need have a "Shared Folder" on your hard drive. If you
haven't got one already, create a new folder on your hard drive called
"Shared", then right-click it and select properties. Click the Sharing
tab and tick the "Share this folder" box. Next, click "My Computer" and
in the Tools Menu, click "Map Network Drive". Notice the little
down-arrow next to the drive letter shown. Click the arrow to get a list
of letters. Select the one you want to delete, then browse for your
Shared folder and select it. By this means, you will assign the drive
letter to a real folder. Make sure the "reconnect at login" box is
un-ticked. Click the Finish button to get a warning. Answer YES and the
Shared folder will open. Close it. Next, right-click the drive in My
Computer and select disconnect. Ah, I hear you say, but it is still
there! Re-boot and have another look - enjoy!
Ted


--
tedgrant2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mapped Network Drives disconnect after idle time =?Utf-8?B?aW5kaWFuYWJlY2s=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 05-01-2008 13:56
wireless network connect/disconnect A Call microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 2 10-11-2007 06:46
Cant disconnect Network drive in vista :( bigkev81 microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 3 10-09-2007 13:50
Vista VPN causes local network shares to disconnect t_jahns@yahoo.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 03-14-2007 21:54
Vista VPN causes local network shares to disconnect t_jahns@yahoo.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 4 03-09-2007 06:43




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:52.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120