Full Local and Internet-internet drops permenantely

jkswiss

Full Local and Internet-internet drops permenantely
(Self Built, P5NE SLI Asus motherboard, Nvidia 7600 Video Card, 2 Gigs Ram,
2.2 Ghz Core 2 duo, Vista 32bit home premium, Dlink Airplus G DWL g510)

I was wondering if anyone out there had some similar problems like myself.
I'm having random connection issues with Vista and wireless. It is the
strangest thing because when the problems start, it's only the browsers and
email clients that cannot connect. For some odd reason, a p2p client such as
Azureus will continue to download.
I thought it might be a firewall issue so I disabled it and it wasn't the
case.

The thing about this intermittent problem is that it takes a restart to
correct the problem. The repair connection doesn't work at all. Throughout
all this I have full strength signals from my router and it says I am
connected to both local and internet. This requires me to reboot about once a
day, sometimes twice. The problem still persists when I changed out my Dlink
wireless card with an edimax one. I also changed wireless routers from a
Netgear to Buffalo. Problem still exists.The problem exists with both IE7 and
Firefox. I updated my Asus p5ne sli motherboards firmware, hoping that would
help but to no avail.

Its disheartening that I will have to deal with this computer until I get a
new one as this is a recent build with decent specs (Vista Premium, 2.2 Core
2 Duo, 2 gigs ram, Nvidia 7600 and with expensive quiet fans and heatsinks, I
built for quietness).

I suspect that the motherboard might be the issue. If anyone has any clues,
please help me out. Thanks.

P.S. I've flashed my buffalo router with the tomato linux firmware and
disabled ipv6 to see if that would help but the problem is still there.
Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Full Local and Internet-internet drops permenantely
Assuming all hardware drivers and firmware were update, have you tried
Windows Vista Update? This post may help,

Windows Vista Update and downloadThis update may fix some DHCP issue - The
default gateway setting is lost when you wake a Windows Vista-based computer
from sleep ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...29ccc c3f07ce

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"jkswiss" <jkswiss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> (Self Built, P5NE SLI Asus motherboard, Nvidia 7600 Video Card, 2 Gigs
> Ram,
> 2.2 Ghz Core 2 duo, Vista 32bit home premium, Dlink Airplus G DWL g510)
>
> I was wondering if anyone out there had some similar problems like myself.
> I'm having random connection issues with Vista and wireless. It is the
> strangest thing because when the problems start, it's only the browsers
> and
> email clients that cannot connect. For some odd reason, a p2p client such
> as
> Azureus will continue to download.
> I thought it might be a firewall issue so I disabled it and it wasn't the
> case.
>
> The thing about this intermittent problem is that it takes a restart to
> correct the problem. The repair connection doesn't work at all. Throughout
> all this I have full strength signals from my router and it says I am
> connected to both local and internet. This requires me to reboot about
> once a
> day, sometimes twice. The problem still persists when I changed out my
> Dlink
> wireless card with an edimax one. I also changed wireless routers from a
> Netgear to Buffalo. Problem still exists.The problem exists with both IE7
> and
> Firefox. I updated my Asus p5ne sli motherboards firmware, hoping that
> would
> help but to no avail.
>
> Its disheartening that I will have to deal with this computer until I get
> new one as this is a recent build with decent specs (Vista Premium, 2.2
> Core
> 2 Duo, 2 gigs ram, Nvidia 7600 and with expensive quiet fans and
> heatsinks, I
> built for quietness).
>
> I suspect that the motherboard might be the issue. If anyone has any
> clues,
> please help me out. Thanks.
>
> P.S. I've flashed my buffalo router with the tomato linux firmware and
> disabled ipv6 to see if that would help but the problem is still there.

Isaac

RE: Full Local and Internet-internet drops permenantely
It's been happening to me too. I updated the system i built. new firmware.
new drivers. updated the bios. nothing worked. I get werid disconnects in IE
and Mozilla.