Wireless network association failed

Tal Oren

Wireless network association failed
Hi,

I have a problem to Access my wireless network with windows vista ultimate
edition
i can see the wireless network but when i connect to it in the "connect to
network"
it says that windows cannot connect and it "suggestion to diagnose" after i
got the error: Wireless network association failed.

i did tray the microsoft articale about the registry key but did not work

need help please

this is my geer:

intellinet Wireless G Router not secured
3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 54Mbps 11g Compact USB Adapter

a few vista wlan-autoconfig event log:

ERROR

WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network.

Network Adapter: 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 54Mbps 11g Compact USB Adapter
Interface GUID: {FBBFD184-EF08-4F10-B623-A31B7D5A9281}
Connection Mode: Connection to an unsecure network without a profile
Profile Name: RTL8186-default
SSID: RTL8186-default
BSS Type: Infrastructure
Failure Reason:The specific network is not available.

ERROR:

Wireless network association failed.

Network Adapter: 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 54Mbps 11g Compact USB Adapter
Interface GUID: {FBBFD184-EF08-4F10-B623-A31B7D5A9281}
Local MAC Address: 00:18:6E:35:14:B2
Network SSID: RTL8186-default
BSS Type: Infrastructure
Failure Reason: Driver disconnected while associating.
Reason Code: 229378

Information

WLAN AutoConfig service started a connection to a wireless network.

Network Adapter: 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 54Mbps 11g Compact USB Adapter
Interface GUID: {FBBFD184-EF08-4F10-B623-A31B7D5A9281}
Connection Mode: Connection to an unsecure network without a profile
Profile Name: RTL8186-default
SSID: RTL8186-default
BSS Type: Infrastructure

Information

Wireless network association started.

Network Adapter: 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 54Mbps 11g Compact USB Adapter
Interface GUID: {FBBFD184-EF08-4F10-B623-A31B7D5A9281}
Local MAC Address: 00:18:6E:35:14:B2
Network SSID: RTL8186-default
BSS Type: Infrastructure
Authentication: Open
Encryption: None
802.1X Enabled: No

ERROR

WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network.

Network Adapter: 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 54Mbps 11g Compact USB Adapter
Interface GUID: {FBBFD184-EF08-4F10-B623-A31B7D5A9281}
Connection Mode: Connection to an unsecure network without a profile
Profile Name: RTL8186-default
SSID: RTL8186-default
BSS Type: Infrastructure
Failure Reason:The specific network is not available.

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Wireless network association failed
Check if there is a new driver for the NIC or firmware for the router first.
Or these links may help,

Windows Vista wireless issuesWindows detects the wireless network and the
type of network whether secured ... The error I get is "wireless association
failed as windows did not receive ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...4b1a4 32e4063
- Similar pages

chicagotech.net :: View topic - Vista sees network, but won't connect
Vista was able to see the network, but for some reason it couldn't
connect. The reason it gave was that the "wireless association failed for
unknown reason" ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...8295e 6ffbae0

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Tal Oren" <TalOren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> Network Adapter: 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 54Mbps 11g Compact USB
> Adapter
> Interface GUID: {FBBFD184-EF08-4F10-B623-A31B7D5A9281}
> Local MAC Address: 00:18:6E:35:14:B2
> Network SSID: RTL8186-default
> BSS Type: Infrastructure
> Authentication: Open
> Encryption: None
> 802.1X Enabled: No
>
> ERROR
>
> WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network.
>
> Network Adapter: 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 54Mbps 11g Compact USB
> Adapter
> Interface GUID: {FBBFD184-EF08-4F10-B623-A31B7D5A9281}
> Connection Mode: Connection to an unsecure network without a profile
> Profile Name: RTL8186-default
> SSID: RTL8186-default
> BSS Type: Infrastructure
> Failure Reason:The specific network is not available.

karen20

Re: Wireless network association failed

Try to do these steps:

>>Try to reconfigure your wireless settings (Change SSID, Lock the

channel to the strongest channel, Enable WPA-Personal)

>> After saving the settings, try to delete preferred networks on the

preferred network list (Go to Control Panel, Switch to classic View,
Click on Network and Sharing Center, Click on Manage wireless networks
and delte the networks that are listed on the window)

>> Try to connect to your wireless network

>> If unable to connect again make sure that your wireless network

adapter is working fine.. Call your computer manufacturer if it is a
built-in wireless network adapter

--
karen20
dwgreene54

Re: Wireless network association failed

I have a Toshiba laptop running Vista Home Premium. The built in
wireless adaptor failed about two weeks ago. A client of mine has a
Sony VAIO running the same OS that failed at the same time. I've
reloaded drivers on both. Doesn't work. They do work with my external
USB Linksys.
I'm suspicious of a glitch in Vista or maybe some form of a cyber
attack. Have not seen anything on-line yet. Answer me back if you have
an idea.

--
dwgreene54
dwgreene54's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/113025.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Chuck

Re: Wireless network association failed
What is common to the two laptops? Do they use the same adapter chipset?
Drivers?
We had this occur several years ago, (not with Vista) and found that a
common driver was at fault.
Replacing it with an earlier driver version cured the problem, at the
expense of some minor problems with the earlier driver version.

"dwgreene54" <dwgreene54.3v28vc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I have a Toshiba laptop running Vista Home Premium. The built in
> wireless adaptor failed about two weeks ago. A client of mine has a
> Sony VAIO running the same OS that failed at the same time. I've
> reloaded drivers on both. Doesn't work. They do work with my external
> USB Linksys.
> I'm suspicious of a glitch in Vista or maybe some form of a cyber
> attack. Have not seen anything on-line yet. Answer me back if you have
> an idea.
>

> --
> dwgreene54
> dwgreene54's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/113025.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ork/832639.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

dwgreene54

Re: Wireless network association failed

I need to check on that. Thanks for the feedback. It is either OS,
driver, or virus.......