Vista Test PC On our Domain

Kelly Armitage

Vista Test PC On our Domain
Here is the scenario:
We have a corporate domain, multiple sites, across multiple locations. 99%
of all machines are Win2k or XP.... all works normally. We have 1 test pc
(sadly the one ive been given to work out the bugs before we implement
anymore) running Windows Vista Business. We have login scipts which map
several shared resources for each user, including 3 shares that everyone can
access, and one private share only the user can access. The problem im
experiencing is that I constantly lose connections to the 3 shares that
everyone can access, call them I: J: K:, yet do not lose the connection to my
private share S: for example. Can anyone provide some ideas on where I might
even start looking at this? If I log off, and back on, the script re-runs
itself and the shares are back, but they seem to only last a few mintues and
*POOF* I cant access them any longer.

Most servers in the domain are Windows Server 2003. The machine losing the
3 out of 4 connections, once again, is Windows Vista Business.

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista Test PC On our Domain
Any errors in the event viewer?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Kelly Armitage" <KellyArmitage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is the scenario:
> We have a corporate domain, multiple sites, across multiple locations.
> 99%
> of all machines are Win2k or XP.... all works normally. We have 1 test pc
> (sadly the one ive been given to work out the bugs before we implement
> anymore) running Windows Vista Business. We have login scipts which map
> several shared resources for each user, including 3 shares that everyone
> can
> access, and one private share only the user can access. The problem im
> experiencing is that I constantly lose connections to the 3 shares that
> everyone can access, call them I: J: K:, yet do not lose the connection to
> my
> private share S: for example. Can anyone provide some ideas on where I
> might
> even start looking at this? If I log off, and back on, the script re-runs
> itself and the shares are back, but they seem to only last a few mintues
> and
> *POOF* I cant access them any longer.
>
> Most servers in the domain are Windows Server 2003. The machine losing
> the
> 3 out of 4 connections, once again, is Windows Vista Business.

Kelly Armitage

Re: Vista Test PC On our Domain
no sorry, none that correspond to today, and its happened 3 or 4 times today
already. there are a couple old errors back in Sept. I wasnt even using
this pc at that point.