Home network connection problem

zingcal

Home network connection problem
I am running Vista Home Premium on a desktop connected via wire to the
internet through a router. In Network and Sharing Center ther is a Home
Network that lists my router, my desktop and 2 of my laptops that are set up
for wireless connection. I can access all the files on one of my laptops
running XP but when I attempt to access the other laptop (alos running XP) it
asks me for a user name and password. I have tried every conceivable
combinations of id's and pwords I've ever used and I still get the Login
unsuccesful message. I don't even have an administrator or any user password
set up on that laptop. What am I missing?
Tom Allen

Re: Home network connection problem

"zingcal" <zingcal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Vista Home Premium on a desktop connected via wire to the
> internet through a router. In Network and Sharing Center ther is a
> Network that lists my router, my desktop and 2 of my laptops that are
> set up
> for wireless connection. I can access all the files on one of my
> laptops
> running XP but when I attempt to access the other laptop (alos running
> XP) it
> asks me for a user name and password. I have tried every conceivable
> combinations of id's and pwords I've ever used and I still get the
> unsuccesful message. I don't even have an administrator or any user
> password
> set up on that laptop. What am I missing?

Does the list of passwords you have tried include that for the XP's
Guest account ?
Have you at some time put a password on that account ? If so try
removing it ( set it to nul).

Tom

zingcal

Re: Home network connection problem
Thanks Tom. I've never activated the Guest Account so ther's no passwords
associated with it.