There is more than one active network connection on this computer

Shiranui

There is more than one active network connection on this computer
Hi,

I tried to connect to VPN and I got this error: "There is more than one
active network connection on this computer". When I checked the connection, I
don't have double connection at all. Can anyone help me how to resolve this?

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: There is more than one active network connection on this computer
Does the default gateway displays 0.0.0.0? Posting the result of ipconfig
/all may help. Or check this post for more details.

solved: Double Connection with default gateway 0.0.0.0
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...hp?p=3055#3055

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Shiranui" <Shiranui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I tried to connect to VPN and I got this error: "There is more than one
> active network connection on this computer". When I checked the
> connection, I
> don't have double connection at all. Can anyone help me how to resolve
> this?

no1idiot is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey man,

i also had this problem and it was related to another common problem i heard of where people couldn't connect to the net and were getting 'local access only'. my computer would be ok for a few minutes/seconds after i connected to my isp and then i would get the 'local access only' message. clicking on diagnose brought up the same message you are getting about more than one connection. i would have to disconnect from the still active connection and then reconnect only to have it happen again. i THINK i have now solved the problem. i did this by turning off the auto connect but now i can't remember the exact steps i took. i noticed that it would always reconnect when i hadn't asked it too, so i figured maybe it was auto dialling whilst i was connected and causing the problem. there's a box that pops up on when you start windows which asks you if you want to connect, or which service to connect to. i think i did it from there. opened the options and chose 'never connect', and when i want to connect i do it manually from the 'connect to' in the start menu.
sorry i can't be more accurate. hope this helps

lol just noticed your original post is five months old. hope you have sorted it all before reading this!
Bob F.

"no1idiot" <no1idiot.35rf0d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> hey man,
>
> i also had this problem and it was related to another common problem i
> heard of where people couldn't connect to the net and were getting
> 'local access only'. my computer would be ok for a few minutes/seconds
> after i connected to my isp and then i would get the 'local access only'
> message. clicking on diagnose brought up the same message you are
> getting about more than one connection. i would have to disconnect from
> the still active connection and then reconnect only to have it happen
> again. i THINK i have now solved the problem. i did this by turning off
> the auto connect but now i can't remember the exact steps i took. i
> noticed that it would always reconnect when i hadn't asked it too, so i
> figured maybe it was auto dialling whilst i was connected and causing
> the problem. there's a box that pops up on when you start windows which
> asks you if you want to connect, or which service to connect to. i think
> i did it from there. opened the options and chose 'never connect', and
> when i want to connect i do it manually from the 'connect to' in the
> start menu.
> sorry i can't be more accurate. hope this helps
>
> lol just noticed your original post is five months old. hope you have
> sorted it all before reading this!
> --
> no1idiot

Please include enough of the previous message(s) so that others trying to
follow this thread know what you are talking about. Also please try to
"edit out" the non relevant portions. It helps everyone. Go to:
Tools > Options > Send > check - "Include message in reply"

--
BobF.