Access problem to network server

NCS

Access problem to network server
I am having a problem trying to connect to a network server. Able to ping
fine, but not able to connect using IP or DNS Name. I've checked security
permission already and everythings looks good. I am using Vista Ultimate and
the server is using Windows2000 Server. I thought it was a OS compatability
issue, but I am able to connect to all the other servers except this one. If
I go to another machine, I can access that network Drive.

Any help would be appreciated. Nick
Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Access problem to network server
What do you receive if using net view \\w2000serveripaddress?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"NCS" <NCS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem trying to connect to a network server. Able to ping
> fine, but not able to connect using IP or DNS Name. I've checked security
> permission already and everythings looks good. I am using Vista Ultimate
> and
> the server is using Windows2000 Server. I thought it was a OS
> compatability
> issue, but I am able to connect to all the other servers except this one.
> If
> I go to another machine, I can access that network Drive.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Nick

NCS

Re: Access problem to network server
do i type it exactly what you have or do i replace the w2000serveripadress
with the ip address of the server

"Robert L (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> What do you receive if using net view \\w2000serveripaddress?
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "NCS" <NCS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having a problem trying to connect to a network server. Able to ping
> > fine, but not able to connect using IP or DNS Name. I've checked security
> > permission already and everythings looks good. I am using Vista Ultimate
> > and
> > the server is using Windows2000 Server. I thought it was a OS
> > compatability
> > issue, but I am able to connect to all the other servers except this one.
> > If
> > I go to another machine, I can access that network Drive.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated. Nick

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Access problem to network server
Use ipconfig to find the windows 2000 IP and replace it with
\\w2000serveripaddress.

--

> do i type it exactly what you have or do i replace the w2000serveripadress
> with the ip address of the server
>
> "Robert L (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> What do you receive if using net view \\w2000serveripaddress?
>>
>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>

>> "NCS" <NCS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am having a problem trying to connect to a network server. Able to
>> >ping
>> > fine, but not able to connect using IP or DNS Name. I've checked
>> > security
>> > permission already and everythings looks good. I am using Vista
>> > Ultimate
>> > and
>> > the server is using Windows2000 Server. I thought it was a OS
>> > compatability
>> > issue, but I am able to connect to all the other servers except this
>> > one.
>> > If
>> > I go to another machine, I can access that network Drive.
>> >
>> > Any help would be appreciated. Nick

NCS

Re: Access problem to network server
It replied back with, "An attempt was made to logon, but the network logon
services was not started". I did check the services for network logon in
admin tools and it did say it was started.

"Robert L (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Use ipconfig to find the windows 2000 IP and replace it with
> \\w2000serveripaddress.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "NCS" <NCS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > do i type it exactly what you have or do i replace the w2000serveripadress
> > with the ip address of the server
> >
> > "Robert L (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> What do you receive if using net view \\w2000serveripaddress?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Access problem to network server
Make sure your account is not locked. This search result may help.

logon issuesAn attempt was made to logon, but the network logon service was
not started Account is not authorized to log in from this station ...
www.chicagotech.net/logon.htm

--

> It replied back with, "An attempt was made to logon, but the network logon
> services was not started". I did check the services for network logon in
> admin tools and it did say it was started.
>
> "Robert L (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Use ipconfig to find the windows 2000 IP and replace it with
>> \\w2000serveripaddress.
>>
>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>

>> "NCS" <NCS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > do i type it exactly what you have or do i replace the
>> > w2000serveripadress
>> > with the ip address of the server

NCS

Re: Access problem to network server
Still doesn't work Account is not locked out. Through DOS I can ping the
server via IP or DNS, but when I type \\servername in windows, it gives me
Windows cannot find \\jeidc1\c$ CHeck spelling and try again. If I use
another computer I can get to it fine.