Offline files stopped syncing

eto

Offline files stopped syncing
I'm running Vista Business and have mapped a network drive and marked it
available for offline use.
Everything looked normal, I could access the files (still online - no big
surprise). I switched off offline files at one point and turned it back on.
Now the sync center still have the relationship, but trying to sync only
results in a "sync waiting" message.

I'm not able to delete any offline files either - I get "Access Denied".

Is there a way to come back to start? I just want all offline files (and
sync relationships) removed so I can set up everything again.

Thanks

Brian

RE: Offline files stopped syncing
eto - I don't have a solution only to confirm I have similar problems. I also
have a number of files made available for offline work. I sometimes work
online via a VPN as well. When I hard wire connect to the server and sync I
get a number (25 files today) where it says "Access is Denied" and won't
update the server files. These files are not open by anyone else at the time
of syncing (in fact with some of them I have been the only one to access the
files); my file sharing is turned on. Beats (and fustrates) me. I alsio have
a huge problem with the creation of a whole lot of tmp files when I sync.
--
Brian

"eto" wrote:

> I'm running Vista Business and have mapped a network drive and marked it
> available for offline use.
> Everything looked normal, I could access the files (still online - no big
> surprise). I switched off offline files at one point and turned it back on.
> Now the sync center still have the relationship, but trying to sync only
> results in a "sync waiting" message.
>
> I'm not able to delete any offline files either - I get "Access Denied".
>
> Is there a way to come back to start? I just want all offline files (and
> sync relationships) removed so I can set up everything again.
>
> Thanks

Bill Wood

RE: Offline files stopped syncing
The answer has been found! See this post:

Subject: Offline Files - tmp files - GUID - Access is denied - Sync
Posted on November 16, 2007...

There finally is an answer. After looking EVERYWHERE, I found the Microsoft
solution... Check the third reply I made. It has a link to the MS KB
article for the fix.

I have applied the PRE-SP1 patch and it worked on my computer! FINALLY!!!
I HAVE to have the offline files working or it creates major problems for my
work!

"Brian" wrote:

> eto - I don't have a solution only to confirm I have similar problems. I also
> have a number of files made available for offline work. I sometimes work
> online via a VPN as well. When I hard wire connect to the server and sync I
> get a number (25 files today) where it says "Access is Denied" and won't
> update the server files. These files are not open by anyone else at the time
> of syncing (in fact with some of them I have been the only one to access the
> files); my file sharing is turned on. Beats (and fustrates) me. I alsio have
> a huge problem with the creation of a whole lot of tmp files when I sync.
> --
> Brian
>

> "eto" wrote:
>
> > I'm running Vista Business and have mapped a network drive and marked it
> > available for offline use.
> > Everything looked normal, I could access the files (still online - no big
> > surprise). I switched off offline files at one point and turned it back on.
> > Now the sync center still have the relationship, but trying to sync only
> > results in a "sync waiting" message.
> >
> > I'm not able to delete any offline files either - I get "Access Denied".
> >
> > Is there a way to come back to start? I just want all offline files (and
> > sync relationships) removed so I can set up everything again.
> >
> > Thanks

Brian

RE: Offline files stopped syncing
Worked well Bill - thank you
--
Brian

"Bill Wood" wrote:

> The answer has been found! See this post:
>
> Subject: Offline Files - tmp files - GUID - Access is denied - Sync
> Posted on November 16, 2007...
>
> There finally is an answer. After looking EVERYWHERE, I found the Microsoft
> solution... Check the third reply I made. It has a link to the MS KB
> article for the fix.
>
> I have applied the PRE-SP1 patch and it worked on my computer! FINALLY!!!
> I HAVE to have the offline files working or it creates major problems for my
> work!
>
> "Brian" wrote:
>
> > eto - I don't have a solution only to confirm I have similar problems. I also
> > have a number of files made available for offline work. I sometimes work
> > online via a VPN as well. When I hard wire connect to the server and sync I
> > get a number (25 files today) where it says "Access is Denied" and won't
> > update the server files. These files are not open by anyone else at the time
> > of syncing (in fact with some of them I have been the only one to access the
> > files); my file sharing is turned on. Beats (and fustrates) me. I alsio have
> > a huge problem with the creation of a whole lot of tmp files when I sync.
> > --
> > Brian
> >

> > "eto" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm running Vista Business and have mapped a network drive and marked it
> > > available for offline use.
> > > Everything looked normal, I could access the files (still online - no big
> > > surprise). I switched off offline files at one point and turned it back on.
> > > Now the sync center still have the relationship, but trying to sync only
> > > results in a "sync waiting" message.
> > >
> > > I'm not able to delete any offline files either - I get "Access Denied".
> > >
> > > Is there a way to come back to start? I just want all offline files (and
> > > sync relationships) removed so I can set up everything again.
> > >
> > > Thanks

jimryan028

Re: Offline files stopped syncing

This thread does not show the KB artical.
would you repost it.

--
jimryan028

Location: Alabama
fastfreddie is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
would someone PLEASE post a solution with some CLEAR CUT instructions geeeeeezzzzzz

agotay is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Offline Files "Access Denied" error
Hi everyone I'm new at this forums and also this is my first post. I hope anyone can give me a solution.

After few month of sync fine with Vista Enterprice, last Tuesday the struggle came up with the "Access Denied" error when sync. The laptop is a Vista Enterprice and it has SP1 installed and all critical patches until yerterday morning.

I already try the following workaround and nothing solves this situation!

0. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935663/en-us (Here mention that to resolve the situation need to have the most resent patches. We have it...)
1. http://help.wugnet.com/vista/Offline-Files-Vista-ftopict44291.html (Here mention to rename the archive or file before the sync and then after sync, rename it back again. Unfortunatelly this worksl... But we have more than 500 files and this is not a solution that I can present to my customer that is thinking on migrate all of his machines to Vista Enterprice.
2. http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-networking-sharing/27635-offline-files-gives-access-denied-error.html (Here mention to change the folder security to have the everyone group with Full Control permition. Definitely this is not a solution. I also try it and same results.
3. http://www.vistax64.com/vista-networking-sharing/135516-vista-business-trouble-offline-files.html ("Enable the opportunistic locking at the server" All XP machione sync fine only Vista laptop machines have this situation.) Few months before it was working perfectly...
4. http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/30219540/offline-files-not-availab.aspx (Offline Files are not supported on Vista Home Editions). The vertion we are working on is an Enterprice.
5. Offline Files: How to use offline files feature (Disable and enable Ofline Files... We did and also deleting the content and the CSC files with is located at C:\Windows\CSC).
6. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/230738 (Re-initialize the offline files cache and database re-initialize the offline files cache and database... Done same results.
7. http://www.msblog.org/2006/12/29/moving-the-offline-files-cache-in-windows-vista/ (Deleting Cache... Done same results)

The only way I can successfully erase the CSC folder is by this cmd command;
takeown /r /f c:\windows\csc
rd /s c:\windows\csc

I also try; in registry, create a DWORD value called FormatDatabase under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CSC\Paramet ers. To this value, assign the value of 1.

We also try deleting the current user profile and creting a new one... same result...

And finally I have try editing my registry and add the key:
-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\MRXSmb\Parameters\
OplocksDisabled REG_DWORD 0. Same results...

Any suggestions,