Remote Desktop saved credentials Vista Business

Skykr

Remote Desktop saved credentials Vista Business
How can I configure a Windows Vista Business pc to save credentials for
Remote Desktop Connections? For a remote office we recently purchased one
Lenovo notebook and several Dell Optiplex pcs, all with Vista Business. When
we start a saved RDP connection on the Lenovo the screen that asks for the
remote computer name includes the saved username with a message below them
that says, "The saved credentials for this remote computer will be used to
connect. You can edit or delete these credentials." The user does not need
to enter user name or password. When we start a saved connection from the
Dells the corresponding window lists the user name as "(none)" and the
message below that says, "You will be asked for credentials when you
connect." The pcs all connect from the same workgroup to the same server.
Since the Lenovo's WVB saves the credentials and the Dells' don't, it seems
the difference has to be in the way the machines are configured, but I have
not been able to find it. Thanks for your help.
--
Skykr
Sooner Al [MVP]

Re: Remote Desktop saved credentials Vista Business
"Skykr" <Skykr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I configure a Windows Vista Business pc to save credentials for
> Remote Desktop Connections? For a remote office we recently purchased one
> Lenovo notebook and several Dell Optiplex pcs, all with Vista Business.
> When
> we start a saved RDP connection on the Lenovo the screen that asks for the
> remote computer name includes the saved username with a message below them
> that says, "The saved credentials for this remote computer will be used to
> connect. You can edit or delete these credentials." The user does not
> need
> to enter user name or password. When we start a saved connection from the
> Dells the corresponding window lists the user name as "(none)" and the
> message below that says, "You will be asked for credentials when you
> connect." The pcs all connect from the same workgroup to the same
> server.
> Since the Lenovo's WVB saves the credentials and the Dells' don't, it
> seems
> the difference has to be in the way the machines are configured, but I
> have
> not been able to find it. Thanks for your help.
> --
> Skykr

You might look at the Vista Remote Desktop Authentication FAQ...

http://blogs.msdn.com/ts/archive/200...ation-faq.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/ts/archive/200...-feedback.aspx

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)