Cant see my vista machine

Craig008

Cant see my vista machine
i have set up network how i am supposed to as far as i know correctly. i can
see my XP machine on may vista system but i can not see my vista machine one
my XP machine, is there anything i ahve missed
--
grapes
Mick Murphy

RE: Cant see my vista machine

Read the above.
Make sure Network discovery is ON. workgroup name is the same, etc.
And in XP run your home network setup wizard for file and printer sharing

"Craig008" wrote:

> i have set up network how i am supposed to as far as i know correctly. i can
> see my XP machine on may vista system but i can not see my vista machine one
> my XP machine, is there anything i ahve missed
> --
> grapes

Craig008

RE: Cant see my vista machine
finaly i can see my visat machine with my xp machine but access is denied now
it says to check permisions
--
grapes

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> Read the above.
> Make sure Network discovery is ON. workgroup name is the same, etc.
> And in XP run your home network setup wizard for file and printer sharing
>
> "Craig008" wrote:
>
> > i have set up network how i am supposed to as far as i know correctly. i can
> > see my XP machine on may vista system but i can not see my vista machine one
> > my XP machine, is there anything i ahve missed
> > --
> > grapes

Mick Murphy

RE: Cant see my vista machine
In Vista Network and sharing, do you have file sharing and public folder
sharing turned on?

"Craig008" wrote:

> finaly i can see my visat machine with my xp machine but access is denied now
> it says to check permisions
> --
> grapes
>

> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
> > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx
> >
> > Read the above.
> > Make sure Network discovery is ON. workgroup name is the same, etc.
> > And in XP run your home network setup wizard for file and printer sharing
> >
> > "Craig008" wrote:
> >
> > > i have set up network how i am supposed to as far as i know correctly. i can
> > > see my XP machine on may vista system but i can not see my vista machine one
> > > my XP machine, is there anything i ahve missed
> > > --
> > > grapes

Craig008

RE: Cant see my vista machine
Thanx for the fast reply, all is switched onexcept the password protect one,
but i have found that it is only the folders that i have shared off my second
hard drive, i must have missed something some where
--
grapes

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> In Vista Network and sharing, do you have file sharing and public folder
> sharing turned on?
>
> "Craig008" wrote:
>
> > finaly i can see my visat machine with my xp machine but access is denied now
> > it says to check permisions
> > --
> > grapes
> >

> > "Mick Murphy" wrote:
> >
> > > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb727037.aspx
> > >
> > > Read the above.
> > > Make sure Network discovery is ON. workgroup name is the same, etc.
> > > And in XP run your home network setup wizard for file and printer sharing

Craig008

RE: Cant see my vista machine
i have shared individual folders nice and easy now, just missed some persion
stuff, but i can nt share an entire drive, is this normal
--
grapes