Remote Desktop

Mr.Wright

Remote Desktop
Whats up with the 'Input Capture Window' with every RDP session I start from
Vista?

Also related to this topic. Is there a way to turn off the warning:

Remote Desktop cannot verify the identity of the computer you want to
connect to. This problem can occur if:

1) The remote computer is running a version of Windows earlier than Windows
Vista.
2)The remote computer is configured to support only the RDP security layer.

Blah Blah Blah

Do you want to connect anyway?

I RDP my servers all day long and I am tired of receiving this warning
everytime I RDP something.

Thanks in advance
Sooner Al [MVP]

Re: Remote Desktop
"Mr.Wright" <MrWright@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whats up with the 'Input Capture Window' with every RDP session I start
> from
> Vista?
>
> Also related to this topic. Is there a way to turn off the warning:
>
> Remote Desktop cannot verify the identity of the computer you want to
> connect to. This problem can occur if:
>
> 1) The remote computer is running a version of Windows earlier than
> Windows
> Vista.
> 2)The remote computer is configured to support only the RDP security
> layer.
>
> Blah Blah Blah
>
> Do you want to connect anyway?
>
> I RDP my servers all day long and I am tired of receiving this warning
> everytime I RDP something.
>
> Thanks in advance

Make sure the Vista RDP 6.0 client is configured like this when connecting
to XP Pro/MCE desktops or W2K3/W2K Terminal Servers...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...ntSettings.jpg

The Vista RDP 6.0 Authentication FAQ...

http://blogs.msdn.com/ts/archive/200...ation-faq.aspx

....more...

http://blogs.msdn.com/ts/archive/200...-feedback.aspx

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Sooner Al [MVP]

Re: Remote Desktop
> "Mr.Wright" <MrWright@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Whats up with the 'Input Capture Window' with every RDP session I start
>> from
>> Vista?
>>
>> Also related to this topic. Is there a way to turn off the warning:
>>
>> Remote Desktop cannot verify the identity of the computer you want to
>> connect to. This problem can occur if:
>>
>> 1) The remote computer is running a version of Windows earlier than
>> Windows
>> Vista.
>> 2)The remote computer is configured to support only the RDP security
>> layer.
>>
>> Blah Blah Blah
>>
>> Do you want to connect anyway?
>>
>> I RDP my servers all day long and I am tired of receiving this warning
>> everytime I RDP something.
>>
>> Thanks in advance

> Make sure the Vista RDP 6.0 client is configured like this when connecting
> to XP Pro/MCE desktops or W2K3/W2K Terminal Servers...
>
> http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...ntSettings.jpg
>
> The Vista RDP 6.0 Authentication FAQ...
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ts/archive/200...ation-faq.aspx
>
> ...more...
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ts/archive/200...-feedback.aspx
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> mutual benefit of all of us...
> rights...
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

I forgot to ask... What problems are you having with capturing screen shots
in the Remote Desktop session? Both functions work here for me in a Vista to
Vista Remote Desktop session, ie. capture the entire remote desktop
(pressing the Ctrl-Alt-Minus sign keys) or capture the remote active window
(pressing the Ctrl-Alt-Plus sign keys).

http://www.0efbh.com/developerTools/...esktopKeys.htm

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Mr.Wright

Re: Remote Desktop
Thanks. Any info on the 'Input Capture Window"? It only comes up when I
RDP from Vista.

> Thanks. Any info on the 'Input Capture Window"? It only comes up
> when I
> RDP from Vista.

You mean you get a popup message concerning an "Input Capture Window"?

I have never seen that. This may be of interest. No fix though...

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=334970

Beyond that I really have no idea...Sorry...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Mr.Wright

Re: Remote Desktop
I have no problems with the input capture window I was just hoping to
learn why it is there and what is its purpose.

Thanks for the replies

Jay