Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" win

Samzabrus

Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" win
Hello.
Im using vista ultimate x64.

When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP/IPv4 and
TCP/IPv6 are. I am unable to click on properties on any of them (yes i am the
administartor)
By other words, i am unable too access the window where you can change the
"Obtain an ip adress automatically" and "obtain dns server address
automatically" options are.

When i sellect TCP/IPv4 or TCP/IPv6, the properties button is just gray. As
is the unnistall button. When i hit the configure button, i just get sendt
back too the desktop. I am also unable to uncheck the TCP/IPv4 or TCP/IPv6
boxes on the left side of the names (or any of the other stuff)

If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll, i only get
a error message saying "windows cannot find the file"

What is causing this problem, and how I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" win
If enable build-in administrator, can you make changes? Please post back
with the result.

How to enable Vista build-in Administrator
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=1796

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Samzabrus" <Samzabrus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
> Im using vista ultimate x64.
>
> When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP/IPv4 and
> TCP/IPv6 are. I am unable to click on properties on any of them (yes i am
> the
> administartor)
> By other words, i am unable too access the window where you can change the
> "Obtain an ip adress automatically" and "obtain dns server address
> automatically" options are.
>
> When i sellect TCP/IPv4 or TCP/IPv6, the properties button is just gray.
> As
> is the unnistall button. When i hit the configure button, i just get sendt
> back too the desktop. I am also unable to uncheck the TCP/IPv4 or TCP/IPv6
> boxes on the left side of the names (or any of the other stuff)
>
> If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll, i only
> get
> a error message saying "windows cannot find the file"
>
> What is causing this problem, and how I fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance

Samzabrus

Re: Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties"
No, it didnt work

But thanks anyway.

Any other solutions, anyone?