Cant disconnect Network drive in vista :(

bigkev81

Cant disconnect Network drive in vista :(
Ive got a desktop pc with Vista ultimate and an acer laptop with xp installed.
Computers were networked with a wireless router and i had network mapped the
hard drive of my laptop on my pc.
Than my Laptop had a major crash and i had to reinstall windows xp on it.

The mapped network drive still appears in my computer with a red X over it.
I try to disconnect the network drive and it wont let me. I get an error
"This network connection does not exist"

How can i get rid of the mapped network drive? Or even just delete it, Its a
major Eyesore in My computer
Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Cant disconnect Network drive in vista :(
Try this command: net use * /d.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"bigkev81" <bigkev81@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ive got a desktop pc with Vista ultimate and an acer laptop with xp
> installed.
> Computers were networked with a wireless router and i had network mapped
> the
> hard drive of my laptop on my pc.
> Than my Laptop had a major crash and i had to reinstall windows xp on it.
>
> The mapped network drive still appears in my computer with a red X over
> it.
> I try to disconnect the network drive and it wont let me. I get an error
> "This network connection does not exist"
>
> How can i get rid of the mapped network drive? Or even just delete it, Its
> major Eyesore in My computer

bigkev81

Re: Cant disconnect Network drive in vista :(
Thanks for the advice but i am not familiar with this command.
You'll have to forgive me but I'm a noob when it comes to networking.
How and where do I use this command?
Thanks
Kev

"Robert L (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Try this command: net use * /d.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "bigkev81" <bigkev81@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ive got a desktop pc with Vista ultimate and an acer laptop with xp
> > installed.
> > Computers were networked with a wireless router and i had network mapped
> > the
> > hard drive of my laptop on my pc.
> > Than my Laptop had a major crash and i had to reinstall windows xp on it.
> >
> > The mapped network drive still appears in my computer with a red X over
> > it.
> > I try to disconnect the network drive and it wont let me. I get an error
> > "This network connection does not exist"
> >
> > How can i get rid of the mapped network drive? Or even just delete it, Its
> > major Eyesore in My computer

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Cant disconnect Network drive in vista :(
click Start, type cmd. type net use * /d and press Enter.