Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

How WAKE computer to use Remote Desktop?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2007
Blue Max
 

Posts: n/a
How WAKE computer to use Remote Desktop?
Microsoft Vista Remote Desktop will not connect to a computer in sleep mode.
However, most new computers have a WAKE ON LAN adapter that should be able
to wake up the computer. How can we discover if our system (computer and
LAN adapter) have the wake-up feature and how do we configure this feature
to wake-up the computer when we are trying to connect using Remote Desktop?

We hate to leave our office computers running without sleep mode over the
weekend, just so we can occasionally access our office documents. We would
sure appreciate any help with this issue, including referrals to good How-To
articles. Thanks.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2007
Sooner Al [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How WAKE computer to use Remote Desktop?
"Blue Max" <mailrichard@msn.com> wrote in message
news:B86D7991-EA5B-42F6-8EFB-23954260B6BE@microsoft.com...
> Microsoft Vista Remote Desktop will not connect to a computer in sleep
> mode. However, most new computers have a WAKE ON LAN adapter that should
> be able to wake up the computer. How can we discover if our system
> (computer and LAN adapter) have the wake-up feature and how do we
> configure this feature to wake-up the computer when we are trying to
> connect using Remote Desktop?
>
> We hate to leave our office computers running without sleep mode over the
> weekend, just so we can occasionally access our office documents. We
> would sure appreciate any help with this issue, including referrals to
> good How-To articles. Thanks.


This page may be of help...

http://winhlp.com/node/57

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
mutual benefit of all of us...
The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights...

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2007
Blue Max
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How WAKE computer to use Remote Desktop?
Thanks Sooner A1, I appreciated the referral and will definitely take the
time to read it as soon as possible.

"Sooner Al [MVP]" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
news:9B4FEDC3-5F9C-4558-8CE6-E411019E8DBE@microsoft.com...
> "Blue Max" <mailrichard@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:B86D7991-EA5B-42F6-8EFB-23954260B6BE@microsoft.com...
>> Microsoft Vista Remote Desktop will not connect to a computer in sleep
>> mode. However, most new computers have a WAKE ON LAN adapter that should
>> be able to wake up the computer. How can we discover if our system
>> (computer and LAN adapter) have the wake-up feature and how do we
>> configure this feature to wake-up the computer when we are trying to
>> connect using Remote Desktop?
>>
>> We hate to leave our office computers running without sleep mode over the
>> weekend, just so we can occasionally access our office documents. We
>> would sure appreciate any help with this issue, including referrals to
>> good How-To articles. Thanks.

>
> This page may be of help...
>
> http://winhlp.com/node/57
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
>
> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
> mutual benefit of all of us...
> The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights...
>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2007
rtsecurity@gmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How WAKE computer to use Remote Desktop?
You also can use online Wake-On-LAN tools like this http://rshut.com/wol

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2007
Blue Max
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How WAKE computer to use Remote Desktop?
Thank you for the recommendation.

****************
<rtsecurity@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1192148349.745745.82890@i13g2000prf.googlegro ups.com...
> You also can use online Wake-On-LAN tools like this http://rshut.com/wol
>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista Wont Sleep, Want To Wake Up With MCE Remote Adam TL microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 2 02-04-2008 07:26
Using computer after remote desktop (Vista x64) Aaron Eldridge microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 12-12-2007 00:23
Remote Desktop Connection speicher nicht mehr als einen Account/Computer Thomsson microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.administration 5 06-03-2007 22:38
Vista-2-Vista Remote Desktop using a secure Windows Internet Computer name Sooner Al [MVP] microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 4 04-12-2007 10:59
Remote desktop and computer name or IP address?? =?Utf-8?B?TGFuY29ycA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 3 03-30-2007 06:26




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:44.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120