Printer sharing,Vista Home Prem to Vista Home Basic

Pat

Printer sharing,Vista Home Prem to Vista Home Basic
I recently installed a home network Toshiba laptop with Home Basic and a HP
6230 woth Vista prem.I have tried to get printer to work but will not take
from either comp.Enabled printer sharing both comp-added printer but does not
appear in network mand sharing center-error message appears that there is
still a prob-msg is cant communicate with dns server 192.168.2.1 Firewall
was turned off still no luck Thank you
Pat
Mick Murphy

RE: Printer sharing,Vista Home Prem to Vista Home Basic

The above link is file and printer sharing info.

"Pat" wrote:

> I recently installed a home network Toshiba laptop with Home Basic and a HP
> 6230 woth Vista prem.I have tried to get printer to work but will not take
> from either comp.Enabled printer sharing both comp-added printer but does not
> appear in network mand sharing center-error message appears that there is
> still a prob-msg is cant communicate with dns server 192.168.2.1 Firewall
> was turned off still no luck Thank you
> Pat

Pat

RE: Printer sharing,Vista Home Prem to Vista Home Basic

I went thru each step several times,the network is fine but still cabnt
prin.Shoud the printer show on the remote computer?Should the laptop show on
the main desktop?Should I delete all printer and start over just with the
printers.I have not tried accessing file or folders yet would like to get
printer working first
Thanks
Pat
"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> The above link is file and printer sharing info.
>
> "Pat" wrote:
>
> > I recently installed a home network Toshiba laptop with Home Basic and a HP
> > 6230 woth Vista prem.I have tried to get printer to work but will not take
> > from either comp.Enabled printer sharing both comp-added printer but does not
> > appear in network mand sharing center-error message appears that there is
> > still a prob-msg is cant communicate with dns server 192.168.2.1 Firewall
> > was turned off still no luck Thank you
> > Pat

Mick Murphy

RE: Printer sharing,Vista Home Prem to Vista Home Basic
Is the printer set to share on the computer that it is hooked up to?
And in Vista comp, with no hooked up printer, try Network and Sharing
Center> Add a Network Device> Browse for the other comp's printer.

"Pat" wrote:

> I recently installed a home network Toshiba laptop with Home Basic and a HP
> 6230 woth Vista prem.I have tried to get printer to work but will not take
> from either comp.Enabled printer sharing both comp-added printer but does not
> appear in network mand sharing center-error message appears that there is
> still a prob-msg is cant communicate with dns server 192.168.2.1 Firewall
> was turned off still no luck Thank you
> Pat

Pat

RE: Printer sharing,Vista Home Prem to Vista Home Basic
Heris what I have found thus far-from the desktop PC which has all
peripherals installed on it-printers,router etc --In the Net and sharing
center it shows the following-Pat and Chris-PC(the name of the comp)--the
name of the network and then the internet symbol
In the computers and devices section I have the following Pat and
Chris-PC(has 2headed symbol next to it)the router and again the Pat and
Chris PC
On the laptop which has no peripherals in the Net and sharing center I have
the following
Pats Laptop--network name--and then the internet
In the computers and devices section I have the foll::
Pat and Chris PC---Pat and Chris PC --Pats Laptop and then the router
I have treid to add a printer(which does work from this PC) but it keeps
telling me that it cant locate printer.I did search by TCP/IP it installed a
driver but it still does not work.
Is there a way to delete the entire network and start over??Even tho it
works I have a feeling I screwed up on the original set up
Thank you
Pat
"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> Is the printer set to share on the computer that it is hooked up to?
> And in Vista comp, with no hooked up printer, try Network and Sharing
> Center> Add a Network Device> Browse for the other comp's printer.
>

> "Pat" wrote:
>
> > I recently installed a home network Toshiba laptop with Home Basic and a HP
> > 6230 woth Vista prem.I have tried to get printer to work but will not take
> > from either comp.Enabled printer sharing both comp-added printer but does not
> > appear in network mand sharing center-error message appears that there is
> > still a prob-msg is cant communicate with dns server 192.168.2.1 Firewall
> > was turned off still no luck Thank you
> > Pat

Pat

RE: Printer sharing,Vista Home Prem to Vista Home Basic
On further searching and trying to find thigs I found this Net and sharing
center I clicked "show all shared network folders on this computer and I saw
the following:
Letter "C" my hard drive which I wanted to share with the laptop,"G" a
portable drive fpr pics,a printer ,the one I want in the net work,
program files
Public
Printers
I dont know what this means but thought I would put it out there.
Pat