Vista Premium should be able to host Remote Desktop

Wildwolf498

Vista Premium should be able to host Remote Desktop
In my opinion Vista Premium should also have the full version of remote
desktop not just the client version. There a lot a people, such I, that will
like to used their media center as a server and be able to access picture,
video, etc. through Remote Desktop to another PC or Laptop. Also, I am a
student and sometimes I need to access a document from my PC that I might
have forgotten to upload to my USB or that it might have gotten damage. It
will be nice that Microsoft updated vista with Remote Desktop the full
version. Or at the very least sell the full version of remote desktop for
Vista Premium.

Thanks
-Ruben

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista Premium should be able to host Remote Desktop
You knew what you were buying; stop whinging!

"Wildwolf498" wrote:

> In my opinion Vista Premium should also have the full version of remote
> desktop not just the client version. There a lot a people, such I, that will
> like to used their media center as a server and be able to access picture,
> video, etc. through Remote Desktop to another PC or Laptop. Also, I am a
> student and sometimes I need to access a document from my PC that I might
> have forgotten to upload to my USB or that it might have gotten damage. It
> will be nice that Microsoft updated vista with Remote Desktop the full
> version. Or at the very least sell the full version of remote desktop for
> Vista Premium.
>
> Thanks
> -Ruben
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing

DersertXlixard.com

RE: Vista Premium should be able to host Remote Desktop
Yea, I Agree with wildwolf, micorsoft should update vista premium with the
full version of remote desktop. Not just because we have the home edition it
dosen't mean that we don't know how to used remote desktop, and its true,
sometime we need to access a file of our home pc.

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> You knew what you were buying; stop whinging!
>
> "Wildwolf498" wrote:
>
> > In my opinion Vista Premium should also have the full version of remote
> > desktop not just the client version. There a lot a people, such I, that will
> > like to used their media center as a server and be able to access picture,
> > video, etc. through Remote Desktop to another PC or Laptop. Also, I am a
> > student and sometimes I need to access a document from my PC that I might
> > have forgotten to upload to my USB or that it might have gotten damage. It
> > will be nice that Microsoft updated vista with Remote Desktop the full
> > version. Or at the very least sell the full version of remote desktop for
> > Vista Premium.
> >
> > Thanks
> > -Ruben
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...orking_sharing

Sooner Al [MVP]

Re: Vista Premium should be able to host Remote Desktop
"DersertXlixard.com" <DersertXlixard.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:25720E21-D6BE-42AD-9F90-50DBA53A27A7@microsoft.com...
> Yea, I Agree with wildwolf, micorsoft should update vista premium with
> the
> full version of remote desktop. Not just because we have the home edition
> it
> dosen't mean that we don't know how to used remote desktop, and its true,
> sometime we need to access a file of our home pc.

While I agree that it would be nice to have Remote Desktop host
functionality built-in to Vista Home Premium there are other free
alternatives for both remote desktop control and file access available.
Examples are UltraVNC for remote desktop control and either a VPN or Secure
Shell (SSH) SFTP client for remote file access. Note in the case of both a
VPN or SSH tunnel you can also run UltraVNC through the tunnel for added
security.

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...P/PPTPVPN.html

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...cureShell.html
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/11544

Personally I use a SSH tunnel to access my home LAN with a 4096-bit RSA
private/public key pair protected by a strong password for authentication.
In my case I use the Tunnelier SSH client which includes a GUI based SFTP
function.

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

linht

Re: Vista Premium should be able to host Remote Desktop

You can have a try on' Gooer Remote Desktop Service'
(http://www.gooer.com), it can work on any OS.

--
linht