Vista Remote Desktop credentials do not work

Computer_Chick

Vista Remote Desktop credentials do not work
I have a new Vista Business desktop that I set up last weekend. I can remote
desktop from this system to any XP or Server box in my workgroup. I cannot
remote into this desktop from any system. I get "your credentials did not
work".
I set up a new user account on this desktop and can remote into the system
using that login, but I need to be able to login using my main profile. I've
stumbled thru the previous newsgroups blogs etc, but haven't found anything
to help me.

Help!

Tamara
New Ideas Consulting Inc
Thomas Wakefield

RE: Vista Remote Desktop credentials do not work
What are your remote desktop settings under your system properties? (control
panel, system, advanced system settings, remote tab)
Check that you are allowing connections from computers running any version
of remote desktop and also check that your main user account has been allowed
access (by clicking 'select users'). Remember, if your main account is a
domain account you will need to ensure the location is set to your domain
name or your user name will not resolve and will not be added. Is your
machine and user account a member of a windows domain?
hope that helps
--
They have the Internet on computers now?

"Computer_Chick" wrote:

> I have a new Vista Business desktop that I set up last weekend. I can remote
> desktop from this system to any XP or Server box in my workgroup. I cannot
> remote into this desktop from any system. I get "your credentials did not
> work".
> I set up a new user account on this desktop and can remote into the system
> using that login, but I need to be able to login using my main profile. I've
> stumbled thru the previous newsgroups blogs etc, but haven't found anything
> to help me.
>
> Help!
>
> Tamara
> New Ideas Consulting Inc

Computer_Chick

RE: Vista Remote Desktop credentials do not work
Hey Tom-
Thanks for the post. I had looked at selecting user numerous times but
didn't see that it had the account set as Owner. I had renamed this
account to Tamara the first time I logged into the system. Wonder why it
doesn't user the new account name?
Anyway it is fixed! YEA! Thanks again.

Tamara