why cant i see either computer

Craig008

why cant i see either computer
I have my main machine running vista, and my second machine running XP and i
can not see either machine on either machine (if that makes sense), some help
with this would be great. i tryed the network wizard jobby on xp and vista
but it doesnt seem to work, what is the best way to set the domain name
--
grapes
Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: why cant i see either computer
Assuming you have enabled sharing on both computers, can you ping each other
by IP?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Craig008" <Craig008@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have my main machine running vista, and my second machine running XP and
> can not see either machine on either machine (if that makes sense), some
> help
> with this would be great. i tryed the network wizard jobby on xp and vista
> but it doesnt seem to work, what is the best way to set the domain name
> --
> grapes

Chuck [MVP]

Re: why cant i see either computer
On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 14:16:02 -0700, Craig008 <Craig008@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have my main machine running vista, and my second machine running XP and i
>can not see either machine on either machine (if that makes sense), some help
>with this would be great. i tryed the network wizard jobby on xp and vista
>but it doesnt seem to work, what is the best way to set the domain name

The most common problem, causing this, would be a NetBT setting mismatch, or a
personal firewall.
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/0...ing-using.html

And this month, we have reports of updates to Internet Explorer causing problems
with Windows Networking.
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2007/09/changes-in-internet-explorer-security.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2007/0...-security.html

Given logs from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all", "net config server", and
"net config workstation", from each computer, we could maybe diagnose the
problem. Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions
precisely (download browstat!):

Cheers,
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
My email is AT DOT
actual address pchuck mvps org.
Mick Murphy

"Craig008" wrote:

> I have my main machine running vista, and my second machine running XP and i
> can not see either machine on either machine (if that makes sense), some help
> with this would be great. i tryed the network wizard jobby on xp and vista
> but it doesnt seem to work, what is the best way to set the domain name
> --
> grapes

Mick Murphy