Vista Machine requires password from Workgroups

Ron

Vista Machine requires password from Workgroups
I have added my Vista PC to my workgroup that consists of XP PCs.
The vista PC can access any of the shared folders on any of the XP machines
on the network and also print using any of the XP machines printers.
But when any of the other PCs go into workgroups, they can see the Vista PC
but when we try to access it, it is asking for a user and password. I do not
want to have to do this. I am not even sure what User and password it wants.
Is there a setting on the Vista PC that would eliminate this login from
other PCs on the network?

Ron

RE: Vista Machine requires password from Workgroups
Found it.
I needed to turn off password protect sharing.

"Ron" wrote:

> I have added my Vista PC to my workgroup that consists of XP PCs.
> The vista PC can access any of the shared folders on any of the XP machines
> on the network and also print using any of the XP machines printers.
> But when any of the other PCs go into workgroups, they can see the Vista PC
> but when we try to access it, it is asking for a user and password. I do not
> want to have to do this. I am not even sure what User and password it wants.
> Is there a setting on the Vista PC that would eliminate this login from
> other PCs on the network?

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista Machine requires password from Workgroups
Thank you for the update.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net