Vista business no wireless networks after joining domain

Alex

Vista business no wireless networks after joining domain
Hello,

I have joined a Vista business pc to a domain via a vpn connection. This
completes all ok and i can login with a domain account etc. But when
searching for Wireless networks logged in with the domain account, no network
is found!!

But it worked all ok when it wasn't joined to the domain!!! I know of 3
wireless networks it should find!

Any Ideas!

Alex

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista business no wireless networks after joining domain
For the security reason, VPN connection may not allow you to access other
networks.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have joined a Vista business pc to a domain via a vpn connection. This
> completes all ok and i can login with a domain account etc. But when
> searching for Wireless networks logged in with the domain account, no
> network
> is found!!
>
> But it worked all ok when it wasn't joined to the domain!!! I know of 3
> wireless networks it should find!
>
> Any Ideas!
>
> Alex

Alex

Re: Vista business no wireless networks after joining domain
I'm searching for the wireless when no other network connections are active.

I restarted the PC back to Factory, and left it of the domain. But after
doing something the same thing has happened. It must be an update or
something. But i haven't experienced this on any other Vista PC. But only
used Thinkpads this is a Vaio SZ4.

I've tried updating wireless lan dirvers etc.

Help!