Attempt to Network Vista Home on Domain Based Network (W2K -Server

Himanshu

Attempt to Network Vista Home on Domain Based Network (W2K -Server
I made an attempt to add vista home based laptop at my small buss network as
described in subject, prior to learning that vista home doesnot have that
feature. It worked to the extent that I could access internet thru the vista
via doamin based network router. After several use of and connecting and
disconnecting the laptop the network connections on all but a few desktops on
the network were lost. Though this could have happened due to other or
combination of many other issues. I am eager to learn could attempts to
connect Vista Home based laptop have caused or contributed to the falior! We
are trying to bring back the network and it may be a matter of just replacing
one of the routers -which may have suffered due to Vista Connecting attemp or
else!
Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Attempt to Network Vista Home on Domain Based Network (W2K -Server
We need more details to help. Posting back with the result of ipconfig /all
may help.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net