For Robert L - editing registry to fix wireless DHCP problems

carla

For Robert L - editing registry to fix wireless DHCP problems

Robert L, I thank you for your helpful response to me on this thread:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...=en-us&m=1&p=1

I have tried three times to respond to it on the thread. The forum tells me
that my post went through, but then it never shows up. (This is delightful -
arbitrary forum frustrations to go with arbitrary Vista frustrations.) So I
am starting a new thread to see if I can get it to go through; I apologize.

Robert L wrote:

> 2. It does not matter what {GUID} you use. You want to apply the patch to
> any found.

Okay. I asked because I don't want to muck up the settings of network
adapters that are working - is that not something I should worry about? Out
of curiosity, how would I tell which is which?

> 3. There are absolutely two different registry values involved:
>
> DhcpConnDisableBcastFlagToggle
> DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag
>
> Can you see the difference?

Yes, thank you; that's why I asked the question. The MS instruction page
describes these two different changes to the registry but calls one "more
information" - that was confusing to me.

> the saved file and choose "Edit." This opens the file with Notepad. Copy and
> paste the contents in your next reply. I will edit the results for you.

Because I've been having trouble posting, and I don't know if the length of
my post is the problem, I'm not going to include the text right now. Thanks
for the offer to show me the edits - but I don't think it's necessary; as
long as I know that I should make both of the edits shown in the MS
instructions page, then I think I can make them. Is that what I should do?

thanks again,
carla
Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: For Robert L - editing registry to fix wireless DHCP problems
Carla,

We can read all your posts. Thank you for the feedback. Please post back if
you have other issues.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net