networking

atreides

networking
vista computer cannot connect to other computer running xp. xp pc shows on
network map( on network and sharing-view map, but does not show on network
page
Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: networking
if other computers show on network map but not show on network, this could
be the computer browser issue. Post back with the result of "net view"
command on both computers.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"atreides" <atreides@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> vista computer cannot connect to other computer running xp. xp pc shows on
> network map( on network and sharing-view map, but does not show on network
> page

atreides

Re: networking
hi Bob, sorry ,do not understand what you mean by "net view command"

"Robert L (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> if other computers show on network map but not show on network, this could
> be the computer browser issue. Post back with the result of "net view"
> command on both computers.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "atreides" <atreides@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > vista computer cannot connect to other computer running xp. xp pc shows on
> > network map( on network and sharing-view map, but does not show on network
> > page

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

Re: networking
Click Start, type cmd and press Enter. Type net view and press Enter. Post
back with the result.

--

> hi Bob, sorry ,do not understand what you mean by "net view command"
>
> "Robert L (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> if other computers show on network map but not show on network, this
>> could
>> be the computer browser issue. Post back with the result of "net view"
>> command on both computers.
>>
>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>

>> "atreides" <atreides@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > vista computer cannot connect to other computer running xp. xp pc shows
>> > on
>> > network map( on network and sharing-view map, but does not show on
>> > network
>> > page

atreides

Re: networking
it says " the command completed succesfully"