Multiple LAN networks appeared.TCP/IPv.6 problem?

Tsveti

Multiple LAN networks appeared.TCP/IPv.6 problem?
Hi!
I've written a message about a problem I'm having with my internet
conenction. I thought the problem might be the antivirus software, but even
after removing it the next day the I lost the connection again and, just like
before, I was connected to two LAN networks (Networks and sharing center call
it "multiple networks") - "Network" and "Unidentified network" - both with
the same properties (IP, DNS server, gateway, etc...). The last thing I did
was to un-check the tick for Internet connection via TCP/IP v.6 in the
properties and after restarting the computer the connection was OK. I've
always had this tick checked. But is it possible that the problem might be
connected with TCP/IPv6?
A short chronological description of everything (which might be helpful to
anyone reading this and trying to help me): I went out one day and just
closed the lid (although I usually shut down the computer); the afternoon
there was a huge storm (the cables of my LAN provider are not under the
ground so it's quite dangerous during storms); I went back home after the
storm and - no connection. No changes of antivirus software options, only a
full scan the previous day with one minor problem detected, internet working
properly after that. I guess that's it.
Any suggestions?
Mick Murphy

RE: Multiple LAN networks appeared.TCP/IPv.6 problem?
TCP/IPv6 is new to Vista, and causes problems for some people with the
internet.
The solution has been to untick it, and just use TCP/IPv4