No internet connection,antivirus removed - all is OK! WHY???

Tsveti

No internet connection,antivirus removed - all is OK! WHY???
Hello!
I have a serious problem with the internet connection. I've got Vista
installed for half an year, I'm using a LAN connection to the internet, I
also had Panda Antivirus installed a few months ago. Two days ago I lost
connection to the internet, while at the same time two LAN connections were
activated, in fact they were duplicates of one and the same connection: all
settings are the same, same adapter used, etc. Finally managed to connect
after uninstalling PANDA. I haven't changed any security settings, neither
internet options beforehand. After that installed NOD32 - same thing: I lost
connection again but got 2 duplicate active LAN connections.
I've tried everything I knew to fix the problem, now I have connection to
the internet but without an antivirus software installed yet. Please, can
anyone help answering where the problem might be?
I'll be very grateful if anyone could help! Thanks in advance!
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: No internet connection,antivirus removed - all is OK! WHY???
I had a similar case before. It is XP. I think you need to configure the Panda for network sharing.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Tsveti" <Tsveti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14A26B58-65B7-4E2C-B6B1-CE93533C1108@microsoft.com...
[...]

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm using Vista. And the strangest thing is
that the problem returned the morning after I wrote my message here: I had no
connection although any kinds of antivirus software have been removed.