unable to access remote server if offline folder is on

Trapulo

unable to access remote server if offline folder is on
Hello,
I've a Vista Ultimate laptop and a Win2003 Server standalone (no AD). I
connected from Vista to Win2003 to browse shared folders without any
problem. Then I activated offline folders in vista and syncronized some
folders content. All ok; I worked on the laptop and now I need to syncronize
it.
When I now try to connect to Win2003's shared folder, I have security
problem. Vista ask me for the remote password, but then it reports "windows
cannot find \\server\folder. Check spelling and try again". I checked on
win2003 event log that Vista has beed authenticated. I think it's a big bug
in Vista when offline folders are enabled.
I'm unable to browe any remote folder.

Is there a solution?

thanks

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: unable to access remote server if offline folder is on
You may want to assign everyone full rights on both Sharing and Security. This may be a bug and you don't need to do that in the XP. This post may help too.

Vista offline folders - access denied
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...hp?p=2796#2796

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Trapulo" <trapulo2@noemail.noemail> wrote in message news:uFjQ8eC$HHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
[...]

but do you mean everyone full right on target folder on the server? I cannot
make this, folders may be secure.
Or what do you mean?

thanks

http://www.ChicagoTech.net