Wireless laptop can't connect to home network

Ogrish

Wireless laptop can't connect to home network
I just bought a Presario V6000 notebook. It won't connect to my home
network. I have a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router. The notebook has
wireless built in. It sees the network but can't connect. When I click
connect it doesn't ask for a key. It is a secure network. I'm running Vista
Home Premium. I called HP and Linksys with no results. Any help will be
greatly appreciated. Thank you
Vero

RE: Wireless laptop can't connect to home network
I have the same problem. I hear that by instaling an update from windows that
it make XP compatible with vista will solve the problem but I can't find the
download. Do you have it? Please let me know. my e-mail is veroro@hotmail.com
thanks

"Ogrish" wrote:

> I just bought a Presario V6000 notebook. It won't connect to my home
> network. I have a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router. The notebook has
> wireless built in. It sees the network but can't connect. When I click
> connect it doesn't ask for a key. It is a secure network. I'm running Vista
> Home Premium. I called HP and Linksys with no results. Any help will be
> greatly appreciated. Thank you

JackLondon

Ogrish;457938 Wrote:
> I just bought a Presario V6000 notebook. It won't connect to my home
> network. I have a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router. The notebook has
> wireless built in. It sees the network but can't connect. When I click
> connect it doesn't ask for a key. It is a secure network. I'm running
> Vista
> Home Premium. I called HP and Linksys with no results. Any help will be
> greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi,

You might have to download some updates :

Swith the router off from mains, then do the following:

Download the latest drivers for your wireless card :
'Product finder results*Several products contain the model number you
entered'
(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...t_page=product)

Download the latest firmware for the router :
'Linksys.com - Support/Technical Support/Choose a Product/Routers and
Access Points/Wireless Routers/WRT54GS/Downloads'
(http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satel...age=downl oad)

When you do that make sure that when you go to Start/Connect To - your
connection is not on the list. Reboot your machine, turn the power for
the router on, Run a normal setting-up process for new connection, or
follow the manual supplied with the router. I have never used Linksys
but this might help, if not just give us a shout.

Regards

--
JackLondon
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Wireless laptop can't connect to home network
This page lists Microsoft Vista update and download links.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE