Can't Connect using WPA Encryption

Ted

Can't Connect using WPA Encryption
I have a new Dell laptop with a 1390 built in wireless card. Connecting to
a D-Link DI-624 router will work fine if I turn off encryption or use WEP.
If I switch back to WPA Vista Business will not connect. Looking at ipconfig
shows an IP address and subnet but no default gateway. As soon as I switch
off WPA all is fine again. I have tried setting up using a static IP and
setting the info in Vista but it still will not connect using WPA. Anyone
know what I need to do or am just overlooking?

Thanks,

Ted

Barb Bowman

Re: Can't Connect using WPA Encryption
make sure you have the latest firmware for the router and see
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/933872/en-us

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Ted Ruoff

Re: Can't Connect using WPA Encryption
Thanks Barb! Even though sleep wasn't an issue the hotfix corrected the
problem.

Ted

"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
> make sure you have the latest firmware for the router and see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/933872/en-us
>
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 19:54:12 -0700, "Ted" <tmruoff@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have a new Dell laptop with a 1390 built in wireless card. Connecting
>>a D-Link DI-624 router will work fine if I turn off encryption or use
>>WEP.
>>If I switch back to WPA Vista Business will not connect. Looking at
>>ipconfig
>>shows an IP address and subnet but no default gateway. As soon as I switch
>>off WPA all is fine again. I have tried setting up using a static IP and
>>setting the info in Vista but it still will not connect using WPA. Anyone
>>know what I need to do or am just overlooking?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Ted

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Barb Bowman

Re: Can't Connect using WPA Encryption
thanks for reporting back!

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:48:34 -0700, "Ted Ruoff"
<tmruoffAThotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks Barb! Even though sleep wasn't an issue the hotfix corrected the
>problem.
>
>Ted
>
>"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
>news:4vd4f3pfro5ldqlll1u8gle8otutmebht5@4ax.com.. .
>> make sure you have the latest firmware for the router and see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/933872/en-us
>>
>> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 19:54:12 -0700, "Ted" <tmruoff@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a new Dell laptop with a 1390 built in wireless card. Connecting
>>>a D-Link DI-624 router will work fine if I turn off encryption or use
>>>WEP.
>>>If I switch back to WPA Vista Business will not connect. Looking at
>>>ipconfig
>>>shows an IP address and subnet but no default gateway. As soon as I switch
>>>off WPA all is fine again. I have tried setting up using a static IP and
>>>setting the info in Vista but it still will not connect using WPA. Anyone
>>>know what I need to do or am just overlooking?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Ted

>> --
>>
>> Barb Bowman