> hey, thanks for the reply!
> Unfortunately I already had the latest drivers but I updated them
> anyway, nothing seems to have changed. I tried to delete the local area
> connection on my vista Pc but it wouldnt let me. The delete option was
> greyed out and pressing delete just brought up a message saying that
> this item cannot be deleted. Maybe this is part of the problem? I have
> no idea, I'm stumped!
Don't worry. Do the following.
1. Unplug the router from mains and leave it as it is
2. Uninstall all the drivers for you router
3. Go to Start/Connect To and click Refresh (make sure your connection
does not come up on the list)
4. Install the drivers again
5 . Reboot your machine, now you can plug the router back to mains
6. Go to Start/Connect To - your router should be shown there, click on
it and click on connect.
7. At this stage you have 2 options :
a) if the network was set up on another PC you should see the screen
asking you for network passcode, enter it, the next screen is security
settings where you have to use the proper settings (if you don't know
which one you are using try all of them as you'll fin the right one but
most netgears run WPA)
b ) if the network is not set up anywhere you have to create a
connection via your router webpage, make sure you follow the manual and
everything should be good.
If all of that will not help go to :
'No Internet Access Through the Router'
you should find some useful info there.