how to create a network with vista and 2000/ME

linda521

how to create a network with vista and 2000/ME
i already have a network set up at home between a windows ME pc and a windows
2000 pc and this works perfectly. however im after buying a new laptop with
windows vista and i would like to add this to my network. i have it connected
to the router through and ethernet cable and iv ensured its on the same
workgroup as the other 2 but the laptop cannot appear to see the other
computers. both the ME and 2000 computers can see the laptop but cannot
access it ( an error message stating "laptop is not accessible. the network
path was not found" keeps appearing).
any suggestions as to how to properly network these 3 computers would be
much appreciated.
thank you
Mick Murphy

RE: how to create a network with vista and 2000/ME
In vista Network and Sharing:
1 network discovery:ON
2 file sharing:ON
3 public folder sharing:ON
4 password protected:OFF

"linda521" wrote:

> i already have a network set up at home between a windows ME pc and a windows
> 2000 pc and this works perfectly. however im after buying a new laptop with
> windows vista and i would like to add this to my network. i have it connected
> to the router through and ethernet cable and iv ensured its on the same
> workgroup as the other 2 but the laptop cannot appear to see the other
> computers. both the ME and 2000 computers can see the laptop but cannot
> access it ( an error message stating "laptop is not accessible. the network
> path was not found" keeps appearing).
> any suggestions as to how to properly network these 3 computers would be
> much appreciated.
> thank you

mark

Re: how to create a network with vista and 2000/ME
sounds like a firewall issue. try turning it off
"linda521" <linda521@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i already have a network set up at home between a windows ME pc and a
>windows
> 2000 pc and this works perfectly. however im after buying a new laptop
> with
> windows vista and i would like to add this to my network. i have it
> connected
> to the router through and ethernet cable and iv ensured its on the same
> workgroup as the other 2 but the laptop cannot appear to see the other
> computers. both the ME and 2000 computers can see the laptop but cannot
> access it ( an error message stating "laptop is not accessible. the
> network
> path was not found" keeps appearing).
> any suggestions as to how to properly network these 3 computers would be
> much appreciated.
> thank you

linda521

Re: how to create a network with vista and 2000/ME
firewall is off and all settings in vista network and sharing are correct. i
found this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120/en-us and was
wondering maybe if this LLTD component had anything to do wit it. however i
cant find a suitable download for ME or 2000.
any suggestions?