Missing Feature???

Lem@community.nospam

Missing Feature???
Hi all,

i ve been searching for a nice feature that was easily found in windows xp
pro but cannot locate it in vista. The feature is the comments that gave me a
bit more information on which user I assigned a specific comuter and it was
easy to go to my network neighborhood then quickly select what user I need at
the time.

I know this is minor but if someone can point me in the right direction to
find this on vista please le t me know.

If the feature is non-existent I would like to know that as well.

recap when clicking on my network then the specific network then you have a
list of computers that have comments next to them, in vista i cannot locate
the comments.

thanks
Lem@community.nospam

RE: Missing Feature???
Sorry for the wrong heading I meant missing attribute for example in vista
there are headings (attributes) like name discovery method, and workgroup. in
windows xp it was name and comments.

I cannot find the comments in vista under network

just to clarify

"Lem@community.nospam" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i ve been searching for a nice feature that was easily found in windows xp
> pro but cannot locate it in vista. The feature is the comments that gave me a
> bit more information on which user I assigned a specific comuter and it was
> easy to go to my network neighborhood then quickly select what user I need at
> the time.
>
> I know this is minor but if someone can point me in the right direction to
> find this on vista please le t me know.
>
> If the feature is non-existent I would like to know that as well.
>
> recap when clicking on my network then the specific network then you have a
> list of computers that have comments next to them, in vista i cannot locate
> the comments.
>
> thanks

Mick Murphy

RE: Missing Feature???
It is the same as XP; it's done when you are adding them.

"Lem@community.nospam" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i ve been searching for a nice feature that was easily found in windows xp
> pro but cannot locate it in vista. The feature is the comments that gave me a
> bit more information on which user I assigned a specific comuter and it was
> easy to go to my network neighborhood then quickly select what user I need at
> the time.
>
> I know this is minor but if someone can point me in the right direction to
> find this on vista please le t me know.
>
> If the feature is non-existent I would like to know that as well.
>
> recap when clicking on my network then the specific network then you have a
> list of computers that have comments next to them, in vista i cannot locate
> the comments.
>
> thanks

Lem@community.nospam

RE: Missing Feature???
Thanks for your reply but, my problem is how do i view the comments that I
have already applied to all my systems.

For example, I want to be able to click on network and quickly glance to see
who has what computer based on comments.

I was able to do that in windows xp pro but not in vista.

any ideas

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> It is the same as XP; it's done when you are adding them.
>
> "Lem@community.nospam" wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > i ve been searching for a nice feature that was easily found in windows xp
> > pro but cannot locate it in vista. The feature is the comments that gave me a
> > bit more information on which user I assigned a specific comuter and it was
> > easy to go to my network neighborhood then quickly select what user I need at
> > the time.
> >
> > I know this is minor but if someone can point me in the right direction to
> > find this on vista please le t me know.
> >
> > If the feature is non-existent I would like to know that as well.
> >
> > recap when clicking on my network then the specific network then you have a
> > list of computers that have comments next to them, in vista i cannot locate
> > the comments.
> >
> > thanks

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

RE: Missing Feature???
Hello Lem,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

Based on my research, there is no column called "Computer Description" in
Windows Explorer of Windows Vista.

I do understand your concerns. From my point of view, I understand your
feeling and how frustrated when you find that our product cannot meet your
needs. So, it is my pleasure to help you to reflect your recommendation to
the proper department for their consideration.

In addition, please feel free to submit your suggestion on our product to
the following link. Our Product Group reviews the suggestions submitted by
our customers. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and
increase the level of service provided.

https://support.microsoft.com/common...08&showpage=1&
ws=search

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?TGVtQGNvbW11bml0eS5ub3NwYW0=?= <Lem@community.nospam>
| Subject: RE: Missing Feature???
| Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:20:04 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
|
| Thanks for your reply but, my problem is how do i view the comments that
| have already applied to all my systems.
|
| For example, I want to be able to click on network and quickly glance to
see
| who has what computer based on comments.
|
| I was able to do that in windows xp pro but not in vista.
|
| any ideas
|
| "Mick Murphy" wrote:
|
| > It is the same as XP; it's done when you are adding them.
| >
| > "Lem@community.nospam" wrote:
| >
| > > Hi all,
| > >
| > > i ve been searching for a nice feature that was easily found in
windows xp
| > > pro but cannot locate it in vista. The feature is the comments that
gave me a
| > > bit more information on which user I assigned a specific comuter and
it was
| > > easy to go to my network neighborhood then quickly select what user I
need at
| > > the time.
| > >
| > > I know this is minor but if someone can point me in the right
direction to
| > > find this on vista please le t me know.
| > >
| > > If the feature is non-existent I would like to know that as well.
| > >
| > > recap when clicking on my network then the specific network then you
have a
| > > list of computers that have comments next to them, in vista i cannot
locate
| > > the comments.
| > >
| > > thanks

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

RE: Missing Feature???
Hi Lem,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

--------------------
| From: v-kzhao@online.microsoft.com ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 05:03:36 GMT
| Subject: RE: Missing Feature???
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
|
| Hello Lem,
|
| Thank you for using newsgroup!
|
| Based on my research, there is no column called "Computer Description" in
| Windows Explorer of Windows Vista.
|
| I do understand your concerns. From my point of view, I understand your
| feeling and how frustrated when you find that our product cannot meet
your
| needs. So, it is my pleasure to help you to reflect your recommendation
| the proper department for their consideration.
|
| In addition, please feel free to submit your suggestion on our product to
| the following link. Our Product Group reviews the suggestions submitted
by
| our customers. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products
and
| increase the level of service provided.

https://support.microsoft.com/common...08&showpage=1&
| ws=search
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ================================================== ==
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ================================================== ==
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: =?Utf-8?B?TGVtQGNvbW11bml0eS5ub3NwYW0=?= <Lem@community.nospam>
| | Subject: RE: Missing Feature???
| | Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:20:04 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
| | have already applied to all my systems.
| |
| | For example, I want to be able to click on network and quickly glance
| see
| | who has what computer based on comments.
| |
| | I was able to do that in windows xp pro but not in vista.
| |
| | any ideas
| |
| | "Mick Murphy" wrote:
| |
| | > It is the same as XP; it's done when you are adding them.

| windows xp
| gave me a
| it was
| need at