Vista-XP-2K

Nerea

Vista-XP-2K
I have a network with a workgroup with computers with Windows Xp Pro and 2000
Pro.

I tried to connect a laptop with Vista Business. From Vista i can see and
access the other computers on the network but from XP and 2000 I can't access
to it.
I can see the laptop on the network but when i tried to access I get an
error on starting the session.

I created the same user account on the laptop that one in one of my desktops
and I can access the laptop with no problems, but on the wellcome windows now
I have 2 accounts I can't have all my groupwork accounts on the start of the
laptop (25)

Is there any solution to this problem.?

Thanks
Nerea
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Vista-XP-2K
If you don't want to add more users, you should public folder and assign every necessary permissions.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Nerea" <Nerea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD338040-5DAD-477A-9F7B-5ABF61B3A116@microsoft.com...
I have a network with a workgroup with computers with Windows Xp Pro and 2000
Pro.

I tried to connect a laptop with Vista Business. From Vista i can see and
access the other computers on the network but from XP and 2000 I can't access
to it.
I can see the laptop on the network but when i tried to access I get an
error on starting the session.

I created the same user account on the laptop that one in one of my desktops
and I can access the laptop with no problems, but on the wellcome windows now
I have 2 accounts I can't have all my groupwork accounts on the start of the
laptop (25)

Is there any solution to this problem.?

Thanks
Nerea
Nerea

Re: Vista-XP-2K
I've shared C with Total control for All users, as in my other computers and
activated guest account.

I have a private network sharing files and folders and printers. is there
anything that i forgot?
What do you mean saying "assign every necessary permissions"?

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> If you don't want to add more users, you should public folder and assign every necessary permissions.
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> "Nerea" <Nerea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD338040-5DAD-477A-9F7B-5ABF61B3A116@microsoft.com...
> I have a network with a workgroup with computers with Windows Xp Pro and 2000
> Pro.
>
> I tried to connect a laptop with Vista Business. From Vista i can see and
> access the other computers on the network but from XP and 2000 I can't access
> to it.
> I can see the laptop on the network but when i tried to access I get an
> error on starting the session.
>
> I created the same user account on the laptop that one in one of my desktops
> and I can access the laptop with no problems, but on the wellcome windows now
> I have 2 accounts I can't have all my groupwork accounts on the start of the
> laptop (25)
>
> Is there any solution to this problem.?
>
> Thanks
> Nerea

Nerea

Re: Vista-XP-2K
I've solved it.

In vista network properties I had password protected:On.
I've changed it to OFF and It works!!!

Now I have to know why I see on the network the folders' names in english
instead of spanish because my Vista O.S is in Spanish.

Thanks

"Nerea" wrote:

> I've shared C with Total control for All users, as in my other computers and
> activated guest account.
>
> I have a private network sharing files and folders and printers. is there
> anything that i forgot?
> What do you mean saying "assign every necessary permissions"?
>
> "Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:
>
> > If you don't want to add more users, you should public folder and assign every necessary permissions.
> >
> > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> > "Nerea" <Nerea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD338040-5DAD-477A-9F7B-5ABF61B3A116@microsoft.com...
> > I have a network with a workgroup with computers with Windows Xp Pro and 2000
> > Pro.
> >
> > I tried to connect a laptop with Vista Business. From Vista i can see and
> > access the other computers on the network but from XP and 2000 I can't access
> > to it.
> > I can see the laptop on the network but when i tried to access I get an
> > error on starting the session.
> >
> > I created the same user account on the laptop that one in one of my desktops
> > and I can access the laptop with no problems, but on the wellcome windows now
> > I have 2 accounts I can't have all my groupwork accounts on the start of the
> > laptop (25)
> >
> > Is there any solution to this problem.?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Nerea