cannt connect to wireless network

Teresa W

cannt connect to wireless network
I just bought a toshiba laptop with vista basic. When there are wireless
networks available in the area i can find them and click to connect. while it
tires to connect to the wirless network it tells me that i cant for unknown
reasons. i have tired to use a flashdive and to manually set up a wirless
account but nothing seems to be working. I do have a wireless card for a
temporary trial but that is the only connection that works. i can also
connect if i plug into a dial up connection on a land line. but otherwise i
get nothing when it comes to a wireless connection. if anyone has any ideas
as to what my problems might be please help me. i am also new to the vista
program and dont know my way around much so details would be great.
Thank you
Mick Murphy

RE: cannt connect to wireless network
Whose wireless networks are you trying to connect to? Obviously not your own!
We do have security to stop that.

"Teresa W" wrote:

> I just bought a toshiba laptop with vista basic. When there are wireless
> networks available in the area i can find them and click to connect. while it
> tires to connect to the wirless network it tells me that i cant for unknown
> reasons. i have tired to use a flashdive and to manually set up a wirless
> account but nothing seems to be working. I do have a wireless card for a
> temporary trial but that is the only connection that works. i can also
> connect if i plug into a dial up connection on a land line. but otherwise i
> get nothing when it comes to a wireless connection. if anyone has any ideas
> as to what my problems might be please help me. i am also new to the vista
> program and dont know my way around much so details would be great.
> Thank you

Bob J

RE: cannt connect to wireless network
Those other networks you see are private networks and it is illegal to
attempt to connect up to them(its called hacking)!!!!!!
Do you have your own wireless internet connection provided by an ISP.?
From what you have written it appears you have a 'dialup" connection
--
Regards
Bob J