"Access to path is denied"

Barb McC-D

"Access to path is denied"
I am using a third party HTML editor and when I try to insert a picture that
is in the "my pictures" folder (instead of located somewhere in the HTML
directory or a subdirectory under it) if get "Access to the path is denied.
Please change access permissions of this folder to be able to access it."

The thing is I have changed the folder permissions to full access, to owner,
to co-owner, and I have also tried simply turning off the user account
control in the security settings which is what third party vendor recommended
as a work-around.
None these things is letting me access my own file. The help articles have
"if another user gets this message for your file," "if you get this message
for another file." and "if you get this message after changing Windows
versions," none of which apply, as these files were all created under the
current operation system by me. As far as I can tell the system is saying
that I "Barb" cannot use the file because it is owned by I "Owner," even
though "Barb" and "owner" are the same account. It is not recognizing that
Barb is the owner account and is refusing Barb access, even though Barb and
Owner are identical. I am the owner/administrator account and the name
associated with it is Barb. At least I think this is what is going on....

Help?
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: "Access to path is denied"
For the security reason, the member of administrators runs a program as a standard user so that you may receive "access id denied" or "Access to the path is denied" when you access some folders or files (depending on the location). try to run the program by select Run as administrator. Or this post may help.

Vista can open but save - access ...With Vista, you always open a file with "normal user" permissions, even if you are an ... lost. Access is denied". The user can open the files, but not save ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...b8805 7066455

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE