VPN on Vista business fails immediately

Brama

VPN on Vista business fails immediately
Hello,
I made a lot of search on this matter but any solution I found is not
working.

After finishing the VPN Wizard, I find in the network connections
windows the VPN connection icon but the "connect" is greyed out and in
"properties" the device that it try to use is a "modem not present".

Someone says that this is due to the WAN Miniport (PPTP) and WAN
Miniport (L2PT) that are not present.
I confirm that in my network devices there is not any WAN Miniport.

How to install them without installing from zero the Operating System?

Someone suggested to use netcfg.exe with some parameters, but it
doesn't work.

Some others suggested devcon.exe but under Vista it is not working.

Thanks for any suggestion and bye,

Mao

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: VPN on Vista business fails immediately
These search results may help.

VPN always defaults to WAN ...configured as "WAN Miniport (L2TP)" and I cannot connect to my PPTP VPN at ... creates a new VPN it defaults to "WAN Miniport (PPTP)" and it works just ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...20fc2 110ca30

chicagotech.net :: View topic - RESOLVED: Network Wizard only ...
The solution involved reinstalling the WAN Miniport (PPTP) driver. Here's how I did it: 1. Go to device manager and select "Show Hidden Devices" under the ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...4a3456 999a59

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

On 17 Set, 17:06, "Robert L [MVP - Networking]" <nore...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> These search results may help.
>
> VPN always defaults to WAN ...configured as "WAN Miniport (L2TP)" and I cannot connect to my PPTP VPN at ... creates a new VPN it defaults to "WAN Miniport (PPTP)" and it works just ...
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...49ce1340d1e93a...
>
> chicagotech.net :: View topic - RESOLVED: Network Wizard only ...
> The solution involved reinstalling the WAN Miniport (PPTP) driver. Here's how I did it: 1. Go to device manager and select "Show Hidden Devices" under the ...
> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...9aeb8e5e43c459...
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting onhttp://www.ChicagoTech.net
> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access onhttp://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "Brama" <mickymo...@twtnet.com> wrote in messagenews:1190035437.413370.11460@57g2000hsv.goo glegroups.com...
> Hello,
> I made a lot of search on this matter but any solution I found is not
> working.
>
> After finishing the VPN Wizard, I find in the network connections
> windows the VPN connection icon but the "connect" is greyed out and in
> "properties" the device that it try to use is a "modem not present".
>
> Someone says that this is due to the WAN Miniport (PPTP) and WAN
> Miniport (L2PT) that are not present.
> I confirm that in my network devices there is not any WAN Miniport.
>
> How to install them without installing from zero the Operating System?
>
> Someone suggested to use netcfg.exe with some parameters, but it
> doesn't work.
>
> Some others suggested devcon.exe but under Vista it is not working.
>
> Thanks for any suggestion and bye,
>
> Mao

Thanks for the links but:

- first one doesn't matter at all about my issue

- second one is perfect but it is for Windows XP and doesn't work in
Vista

Someone else ;-)

plastikman

Re: VPN on Vista business fails immediately

try this :

> Netcfg -u MS_PPTP

then

> Netcfg -l %windir%\inf\netrast.inf -c p -i MS_PPTP

bye++

--
plastikman